LGV Driver (Class1/2)
LGV Driver Class 1 - Sunday to Thursday, 7pm - 5am, salary £28,000
LGV Driver Class 2 - Sunday to Thursday, 8am - 6pm, salary £24,000
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. They are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
The LGV Driver Role
You will provide a timely delivery service of company goods, ensuring that high standards are maintained at all times.
- To complete daily vehicle checks, confirming safe for use, fully roadworthy and that any defects are immediately reported.
- To ensure that all goods are safely loaded and secured in the vehicle.
- To ensure that loads are safe for road haul.
- To adhere to the statutory obligations and rules of the road at all times.
- To ensure that all delivery and pick up documentation is accurate, endorsed and distributed correctly.
- To ensure that the driver tachograph is used correctly and legally at all times.
- To support self-management of driver hours ensuring that legal limits are not exceeded.
- To ensure that delivery schedules are adhered to including timely arrival for delivery and pick up slots.
- To keep the imports and transport teams fully aware of any discrepancy with the delivery schedule.
- To ensure that the vehicle is kept clean both for food hygiene and appearance.
- Assist and advise loaders on the correct sequence and load placement.
- To ensure that your driving license remains on file and that it is accurate.
- To inform the company of any changes to your physical or mental ability to drive.
- To ensure that all yard disciplines are adhered to including being aware of the different requirements at different sites.
- Ensure sound vehicle key management including handover.
- Ensure that the vehicle is secure at all times.
- To wear the correct PPE at all times including within warehouses, their own sites and within depots and yards.
- Must have a flexible approach to support each other as a team and the business to include adhoc tasks including wholesale market and/or airport runs.
Requirements for the LGV Driver Role
- A full LGV UK legal license
- A full UK legal LGV license with at least three years of post-qualification experience.
- Valid Driver CPC card
- Excellent communication skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Up to date with current road traffic law
- Smart and courteous at all times
- Fluent English - Both written & verbal
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial
- Must live within a 40-minute commuting distance from the site
If you feel you are suitable for one of our client's LGV driver position, please apply now.
Class 1, Class 2, LGV Driver, LGV Driver Class 1, LGV Driver Class 2...... click apply for full job details