Legacy/Capital Solutions Broker page is loaded Legacy/Capital Solutions Broker Apply locations London time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id R
From day one, our mission has been to create an independent business with a unique culture – one that is controlled by the people who work for it. Finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people has always been key to our success.
People come to Howden for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture. That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, volunteering – you’ll find like-minded people driving change at Howden.
A Legacy Broker at Howden Tiger is a member of an energetic, quantitative, client-facing team that specializes in creating and implementing P&C reserve solutions like loss portfolio transfers and finality solutions. There is unlimited opportunity to learn, advance, and take on responsibility in a small and forward-thinking team.
The Howden Tiger Legacy Practice has established itself as the industry leader, closing the largest and most innovative reserve transactions in the market. The Legacy Practice spans the US, UK, and Europe, and seamlessly partners with Howden Tiger Capital Markets & Advisory, as well as with Tiger’s traditional brokers and technology experts, to bring comprehensive reinsurance and capital solutions to our clients.
What will you be doing?
- Working with colleagues to help complete Legacy transactions with a focus on London market clients and exposure to the US / Europe
- Constructing reinsurance submission materials
- Reviewing/editing/analyzing large datasets within Excel
- Crafting client pitches in PowerPoint
- Quantifying the cost and benefit of various reinsurance structures using stochastic models
- Researching market trends
- Creating post-placement materials
- Tracking reinsurer quotes, authorizations, and communication
- Working on projects in other teams, including Capital Markets, Rating Agency Advisory, and Strategic Advisory
- Work closely with London capital solutions team with a focus on Funds at Lloyds
- Jumping in, taking charge, trying new things, learning at pace
- Develop positive relationships with Howden Tiger clients and Legacy and building a strong reputation and company peer groups
- Assist team in preparing high-quality presentations
What do we need from you?
- Demonstrable experience in a business-related position & environment
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or related field
- Interest in pursuing a career within Reinsurance
- Proactive, creative and analytical thinker that works well independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and interest to pursue a client-facing role
- Ability to apply mathematical thinking in the business and insurance environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated and committed to continually developing your professional skills
- Candidates need not be familiar with reinsurance to be successful.
- Limited travel required in the first 2-3 years on the job. Travel opportunities will increase with experience and job proficiency.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.K.
Our Culture: People First
We’ve travelled far since opening our first office in 1994. Back then we were local experts – based in London, with direct access to the world’s biggest insurance market. We’re still locals, and we still deliver the right advice and the right insurance to our clients. But now, we’re local all over the world. With 15,000 global colleagues and a partner network spanning more than 100 territories, we are the largest independent insurance broker in the world. But our values haven’t changed since day one, when we set out to create a company grounded in:
• An employee-ownership model
• Aligned external investors
• The trust and integrity born of friendship
Our focus on being a people-first business has always been at the very heart of Howden. Our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture; one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. Our employee ownership model sets us apart in the market. It’s created a culture of collaboration and innovation, where we’re driven to think bigger and empowered to challenge convention.
Our flat structure and entrepreneurial spirit help us attract the best people and empower them to be the best version of themselves. And when we bring in and nurture great talent, more follows. That makes us better – and that’s better for everyone.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
Permanent Similar Jobs (7) Bid Manager locations London time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago Head of Threat Intelligence locations London time type Full time posted on Posted 13 Days Ago About Us
In November 1994, David Howden founded a business that was literally the smallest insurance broker in the world. It had no clients and no track record. But it did have five things:
Equity ownership – the people doing the business, owned the business
A minority external investor with a long-term outlook
A product specialty
3 friends (and a dog)
A commitment to building a business with independence enshrined in its fabric
Today, the business has a global footprint of more than 14,500 employees in 50 countries spanning Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas. For the FY22 our Group’s organic growth was 19%, our revenue exceeds (USD) $2bn, and we handle $30bn in written premiums for clients.
Howden Group is an independent, global insurance group headquartered outside North America, comprising:
The largest independent, non-US international retail, specialty and reinsurance broker: Howden Broking ( and )
The largest international MGA: DUAL ( )
Want to see what kind of organisation Howden Group is? Click here to learn about what makes us who we are.