FASHION RETAIL ACADEMY
Lecturer – Group Lead roles in: Level 4 Visual Merchandising and Level 4 Retail available
Part-Time (2.5 days / 0.5 contract)
London, West End
We currently have multiple Lecturing opportunities here at the FRA. The Lecturer – Group Lead is responsible for delivering the best imaginable teaching, learning and assessment experience for our students on our courses. To be successful you may have a multi-disciplinary background and in-depth knowledge of the best LTAF (Learning, Teaching, Assessment and Feedback) practices OR have expert, contemporary industry knowledge.
As Group Lead, you will lead and develop successful and innovative pedagogy, with a focus on high standards and best possible student outcomes. You will be accountable for the success of the students in your groups and support, challenge and stretch their achievements. Successful candidates for this role will be able to deliver hands on practical learning as well as the relevant theory and context.
It is not essential to have PGCE or an equivalent teaching qualification, or experience of teaching in a further educational setting. The calibre of professional experience applicants bring is critical and therefore, we welcome applications from those with strong industry experience who are hugely passionate and dedicated to commencing a career in teaching.
Current Lecturing vacancies:
- Level 4 Retail
- Level 4 Visual Merchandising
- Creative and enthusiastic, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An innovative and open-minded approach to curriculum design and development
- Outstanding current knowledge of subject area and Fashion Retail landscape
- Teaching experience within an educational setting (ideally Post-16) or willingness to complete a teaching qualification course upon appointment
Why The FRA?
We foster a culture where our team members can lean on each other, recognise each other and celebrate together! At the FRA, our students are at the centre of what we do, and as a result, we offer hugely rewarding careers – whatever your role at the FRA, you have the opportunity to change a student’s life! If you are looking for a fast-paced and autonomous role where you can really demonstrate your impact, then look no further.
Our carefully curated benefits package offers something for everyone, whether you’re interested in:
- Furthering your development through funded professional qualifications and a personal growth allowance
- Generous and flexible leave that suits your lifestyle, including an around-the-world trip after 5 years’ service
- Market-leading family-friendly pay, including 6 months fully paid maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- A monthly well-being allowance and financial loan structures to support your financial health
Up to £17K (pro-rata of £34K FTE) per annum subject to qualifications and experience
For more information about us, visit our website and refer to the job description and person specification available to download.
Please note these roles are permanent, part-time (2.5 days per week) contract. Teaching will take place in the FRA building. We are looking for candidates who are able to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Closing Date: On-going. Please note we will be reviewing applications as and when they come in, so early application is advised.
Please contact our Recruitment team at for further information or an informal chat about this campaign.