Lead Web Engineer
The last 5 years have been extraordinary for a UK-based digital retail business who boast over 50 years of trading within the UK s £400 billion per year industry. To retain their leading spot, they revolutionised their approach to software and their agile development teams are now comfortably positioned alongside the most tech-progressive environments in the world.
If you re an experienced Software Engineer in or around London, they re offering a fantastic chance to be part of their ongoing success.
The lead engineer role sits within a cross-functional product team, delivering both tactical and strategic changes on our website.
I am seeking a commercially aware engineer, preferably with E-commerce experience, who is at the top of their game and can be a role model for the existing engineers. You will need to be an agent of change, constantly seeking opportunities to improve tooling, processes and practices, both within your team and across the engineering practices. You will be involved in building the in-house capability to develop bespoke micro front ends, integrating with a mix of new and existing API services.
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcomes and value for the business and the customer
- A flexible and collaborative approach
- Builds positive and effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Enjoys accountability, is proactive and manages own work load
- Objective and effective facts-based decision making
- Leads by example, earns team members trust and respect
- Able to build persuasive arguments, adjusting content and style based on intended audience
- Applies best practice with a touch of pragmatism
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Takes responsibility for personal, team and departmental success
- Has a positive and proactive approach to identifying and resolving risks and issues
- Experience with REST APIs
- CI/CD tooling ideally Codebuild
Nice to have:
- Razor templates/.NET
- AWS (ECS, Cloudwatch, CodeBuild)
- Knowledge of varied tech stacks: JAMStack, Node/NextJS, AWS, ECS, Lambda
- Experience with automation and continuous delivery
Why Do People Join This Company?
- An unrivalled tech-heavy environment; continuous improvement is their mantra.
- With huge financial backing, they offer a great chance to train & work with newer technologies
- Their staff are treated like royalty - early finishes, a range of discounts, subsidised food; the list goes on!
So, if you re interested in having a preliminary conversation about any of these vacancies, please apply to the advert with your CV & I ll be in touch for an informal chat.