- Team: Audit
- Location: Holborn Office
- County: Central London
- Ref: 12465
- Closing Date: 22-Sep-2021
Do you give extra time and consideration to everything you do? Does achieving accuracy and clarity excite you? Are you committed to accomplishing excellence and working towards to the highest audit standards? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Internal Auditor, you will be part of the Internal Audit team responsible for leading our Model Assurance audit plan. This will involve scoping, executing and reporting on our IRB-relevant models, ensuring the Bank meets the expectations set out in article 191 of the capital requirements regulation, thereby supporting Metro Bank in the IRB application process to the PRA. You will also support the audit of market, operational risk, stress testing models, Capital and Finance tools. Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?
- Supporting the Head of Internal Audit for Financial and Prudential risk in discharging its responsibilities to the Director of Internal Audit and the Audit committee
- Developing a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the key aspects of IRB, Financial and Capital models across the Bank
- Delivering high-quality audits and maintain adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions
- Developing high-quality audit reports identifying gaps and areas of improvements
- Attending relevant committees and working groups and conducting continuous monitoring of IRB model changes and developments
You need to be this kind of person…
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something - we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- You must have experience in reviewing or auditing IRB/impairment credit risk models and rating systems
- In order to exceed in this role, you will have a quantitative background and knowledge of programming tools (SAS/SQL)
- You must have an understanding of model governance principles, regulations and industry practices
- You must have experience working in a retail banking environment
- You will need a proven track record in building solid working relationships with a range of stakeholders
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!