Ark Charter Academy
Ark Charter Academy
KS4 Entitlement Lead
Location: Southsea, Portsmouth
Salary: Ark Support Scale Grade 7, Points 14-24 (FTE £27,334 – £33,024)
Working pattern: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Term Time Only.
Start date: ASAP in the New Year.
Closing date: 31st December 2023.
Interview date: W/B 9th January 2024.
Ark Charter Academy is seeking a dedicated and versatile Key Stage 4 Entitlement Lead to oversee various crucial aspects of student support and engagement within the school community.
About the role:
As the Key Stage 4 Entitlement Lead, your role will involve:
- Parental Communication: Leading communication strategies with parents and guardians to ensure a collaborative approach to student development.
- Reintegration Oversight: Overseeing and managing the reintegration process for students returning to school after extended absences.
- Liaison with Attendance Lead: Collaborating closely with the Attendance Lead to analyze attendance patterns and develop strategies for improvement.
- Trained Anti-Bullying Assistant: Utilizing specialized training to address and support anti-bullying initiatives within the school.
- Student Mediation: Leading student mediation efforts, fostering a positive and harmonious school environment.
- Student Files and Record-Keeping: Maintaining accurate and confidential records for assigned year groups and students.
- Supporting Tier 2 Behaviors: Providing support and intervention strategies for Tier 2 behavioral issues among students.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about nurturing student development and success during Key Stage 4
- Organised and have an eye for detail
- Excellent at communicating with stakeholders at all levels
View the full job description and person specification here .
About our school:
Ark Charter Academy is a happy and vibrant school located in the heart of Portsmouth. We believe that every young person should feel a sense of belonging to our school community and enjoy their learning.
We inspire and support our students so they can become the very best they can be in every single way. With love and care, we develop motivation both inside and outside the classroom, encouraging an appetite for learning in a safe and stimulating Christian environment. We want our students to become the leaders and game-changers of the future. To achieve this, we offer an academic curriculum that strives to expose all pupils to the richness of education, allowing them to experience a diversity of subjects during their time with us.
Our teachers and support staff work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential. We pride ourselves in recognising hard work and rewarding it accordingly, providing opportunities for professional and personal growth in school and across the wider Ark network.
Find out more about us on .
- Salaries 2.5% higher than main pay scale.
- Twice as many training days as standard.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Access to Ark rewards – a scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers
- Interest-free loans – up to £5,000 available for season ticket or to buy a bicycle.
- Gym discounts – offering up to 40%.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme – providing free, confidential counselling, legal advice and a range of different support.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Early application is strongly advised.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for any questions, please contact Arlene Gajdus on .
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link .