About the role:
This role is the perfect start to your career in project management.
Our ever-expanding Digital Delivery team are looking to recruit a Junior Project Manager to help drive our ambitious technology projects across the business.
The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for shaping, defining, managing and delivering a coherent set of activities across a series of small IT projects or project work streams within the Thames Digital team reporting to a Programme Manager.
They will need to be able to help define project scope, outcomes and run the project/s to the usual standards of time, quality and budget whilst engaging and managing the project/s wider stakeholders.
- Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects (typically less than six months, with a limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases
- Define and baseline the project's scope, plan and budget that will successfully deliver the business outcomes/objectives
- Identify, engage and manage direct and indirect stakeholders appropriately in the context of their role within the project/s
- Establish regular project review meetings covering cost, schedule, resources, RAID and RAG statuses
- Create weekly project status reports
- Attend project appraisal workshops/reviews and project kick-off meetings
- Maintain project/s cost models covering actual, accrual and forecast
- Issue resolution and stakeholder management
- Create project closure reports and lead lessons learned workshops
- Identify and manage RAID items within the project and escalate where appropriate
- Lead and manage the project team/s to achieve objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Manage project change (scope, time, budget) within agreed tolerances or escalate changes to the project control board/s
- Follow agreed governance standards across the project/s lifecycle/s
- Ensure all project/s follow the agreed delivery framework
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Applies appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches
- Agrees on the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed and that lessons learnt are recorded
- Prince 2 Foundation
- Has worked in a Utilities or regulated environment
- Has lead IT projects
- Has lead SaaS, PaaS or IaaS projects
- IT experience, either in delivery or service delivery
- Involvement in Project delivery
- Working collaboratively in groups/teams
- Leading small teams
- Selection of appropriate project delivery and commercial approaches
- Ability to manage and work with additional project resources from potentially multiple Service Integrators
- Skill at managing stakeholders and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Use of MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy...... click apply for full job details