Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire - Office Based 2-3 times a week.
This role works in collaboration with the Henry Ford Academy leadership team to specify and design learning solutions for the Academy by creatively combining the right blend of people, content and technology to meet business objectives. The post holder will be highly creative and engaging and will be primarily responsible for the design and development of innovative learning solutions.
The post holder is expected to be innovative with a passion of learning design whilst maintaining a keen interest in training & learning solutions for automotive retail. The Junior Instructional Designer is the champion of good practice design methodology, learning platforms and innovation and is expected to work with teams across the Academy business to support the Centre of Excellence strategy.
Working closely with the Development & Digital Manager, the Junior Instructional Designer coordinates design projects from conception to completion. They will be able to work as part of a team or individually. From time to time, at the direction of the Leadership Team, the Junior Instructional Designer may be asked to undertake other appropriate and relevant tasks to support the delivery of Academy services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Analysis
- Analyse learning aims and objectives and work with the Curriculum Manager, Development & Digital Manager and Lead Consultants (Subject Matter Experts) to coordinate the development of new and customisation of existing learning resources.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within Ford of Britain, Ford of Europe and the retail network to understand business and people performance requirements in order to carry out learning needs analysis
- Research the suitability of available content and design seamless integration into new and current course curriculum where relevant
- Ensure consistency of messages across the curriculum by maintaining a wide view of the programmes on offer.
- Select and use a variety of techniques for determining instructional content to maintain a high standard of learning services and to support the achievement of learning outcomes.
Design and Development
- Champion customer requirements through well planned and executed research.
- Design compliant learning solutions, resources and assessments, maintaining the integrity of the content to meet the requirements of external accreditation bodies.
- Reflect an understanding of the diversity of the learner and focus on learning outcomes as well as the learning content.
- Design and develop blended learning interventions that combine an effective use of media including: virtual classrooms and webinars; self-study programmes, e-learning; animations; video; face-to-face courses.
- Create media assets to support learning (e.g., visual aids for face-to-face, various multimedia/digital assets for e-learning and online).
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in the latest practices around design, development and channels for learning. Additionally, maintain knowledge of the latest in automotive retailing and Ford's national & global practices.
Implementation and Management
- Liaise with stakeholders to manage research, design, copy, production and communication of learning solutions in line with project and development plans.
- Coach others in design good practice to ensure the Academy maintains an innovative approach and a consistently high standard of learning services.
- Develop and support the continuous improvement process and support teams in the adoption of new practices.
- With the Development Manager, support the creation and maintenance of the Development Planner to prioritise development, design and resources.
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Practiced experience in learning design & development
- Creative instructional design experience in blended learning
- Practiced experience of developing blended learning, e-learning and mobile learning solutions in a commercial or corporate environment
- Practiced knowledge of relevant training theories, methodologies andtechniques, ideally including TAP methodologies
- Practiced visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
- Highly literate with demonstrable writingability
- Excellent customer relationship managementskills
- Strong digitalmedia skills, ideally including Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Articulate 360, Vyond, Pagetiger and Captivate
- Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality control
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly assimilate information
- Ability to be creative within tight time constraints
- Strong project management skills
- Strong collaborative mindset
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Organised with a "can do "attitude
- Professional attitude and presentation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment