Do you enjoy working collaboratively, championing agile/scrum best practise focusing on continuous integration and delivery, whilst facilitating problem solving? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Do you want to work for a company awarded Top Employers UK 2020? If so, please read on
We are looking for a Junior to Mid-level Java Developer who enjoys working within a Microservices architecture and within a community of practice.
What you will do:
You will work in a scaled agile environment to develop insurance solutions to brokers, third parties as well as direct to the public. Broadly, the role is to implement user stories into features, using your code craftsmanship skills. Helping you develop your craft and pass on this skill is equally important to us. You will work collaboratively, championing agile/scrum best practise focusing on continuous integration, delivery, whilst facilitating problem solving. As a Java Developer, you will work on a mix of products working on a variety of technologies including Terraform, AWS Serverless and Docker whilst building out CI/CD pipelines.
You will promote development best practise, and work autonomously in a squad, driving product growth. We're facing exciting growth at CDL, and continuous improvement is at heart of what we do. This is an exciting opportunity for a junior to mid-level Java Developer who is looking to develop new skills such as cloud. We will support you through formal training within the Linux academy, where you can gain AWS certifications.
We're looking for enthusiastic, and passionate developers with an attitude to learn, collaborate, aspire, continuously improve, and thoroughly enjoy what they do.
What we're looking for in our Java Developer:
- Java 7/8/11 Object Orientated Programming
- Agile methodologies, TDD, Pair Programming, Mob programming
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience of practising Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- An automation mindset, preferably with experience using Junit, Selenium or SoapUI
- RDBMS and JEE application servers e.g. WebLogic
- IDE e.g. Intellij/Eclipse, and CI tools e.g. Jenkins/Gitlab CI
- Build software such as Gradle or Maven, Ideally Gradle
- Microservices & serverless architecture, using AWS Lambda
- DevOps - Experience working within CI/CD pipelines
- Container architecture, using Docker.
- Machine Learning
- Web Application Development
What we'll offer you:
- Top employer for 4th year running.
- Flexible hours - core hours 10am to 4pm
- Remote Working - Home working options
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start - rising
- Dress down policy
- Tax-free child-care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects - CDL100 - 100 days throughout the year dedicated to community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, including summer BBQ and Christmas Parties. We have a team dedicated to running internal social activities such as comedy nights, canoeing, break out rooms and much more….
- Car valeting, Barber, Yoga classes, Boot camp and Massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms on-site
CDL is one of the UK's leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Co-Op, Sainsbury's Bank, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. Our clients range from direct insurers, brokers, financial institutes, retailers and aggregators. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company's robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
If you would like to be part of driving a culture of excellence in everything we do, click 'apply' today to become our Java Developer!..... click apply for full job details