The Hut Group is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people...
We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
As an IT Cloud Support Engineer Apprentice, you'll join our support specialists based at our Global Operations Centre (GOC) in the heart of Media City. Day to day you'll be assisting our customers to realise value from our range of hosting products, helping to setup up, migrate services, and get things back on track when they go wrong! We'll provide you with on-the-job training and teach you everything you need to know to get going. We'll then continue to support your career development at THG!
What would success in this role look like?
- Positive customer feedback/reviews
- Excellent quality standards
- Resolving issues the first time we speak to our customer
- Continuous personal development
What skills and experience would I need?
- A passion for all things tech
- A natural ability to problem-solve and find solutions
- A genuine enthusiasm to help others
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and think independently, as well as part of a team
What other experience would be beneficial?
- Hosting experience (website hosting, email hosting & domain services)
- Linux Operating System and command line (grep, pipe etc.)
- FTP, SFTP, SSH
- SSL Certificates
- Word Press, cPanel
- Domains and DNS
What's in it for me / benefits:
- Up to 55% staff discount on THG Retail, Nutrition, Hosting, Hotels and Health Clubs
(Look Fantastic, TheHut, all sole, coggles, ESPA, IWOOT, Zavvi and more..)
- 29 days annual holiday including bank holidays
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Working alongside genuine industry experts
- Refer a friend scheme
- On-site doctor, physio and barber?
- Company Pension
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
Working week: 40hrs a week.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.