About the Role
The preparation of the core marketing literature suite, market outlooks, commentary, reporting and thought leadership as planned in the channel contact strategies in both written and video content to generate leads, keep contacts informed and build brand awareness. Building an understanding of Quilter Cheviot's expertise, and client engagement in support of the focused marketing programme and the distribution objectives.
This role will require the individual to work closely with Quilter Cheviot's investment management and research analysts and channel marketing, digital and PR teams.
The individual is responsible for:
- Scoping and writing - often from scratch - the core literature suite as defined in collaboration with the marketing and distribution teams, including agreed campaigns and areas of focus.
- The generation of investment thought leadership, outlooks, fund and market commentary, quarterly client magazine as defined by the content strategy and campaign focus of the investment management, marketing and distribution teams.
- Supporting client reporting activities, as required.
- Planning and managing the delivery of Quilter Cheviot's video and audio investment updates, commentary and capability positioning, using new recording and distribution technologies where relevant.
- Working closely with graphic designers to articulate investment-related concepts in innovative, attractive and engaging ways, ensuring that projects are delivered from concept to completion.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (including but not limited to channel marketers and the digital team) to design and implement tracking of the investment communications and monitoring the effectiveness of content delivered through the web. Providing reporting to all key stakeholders and recommending enhancements based on the findings.
- Assist Quilter Investors (part of Quilter Group) with their quarterly reporting commentary (one week per quarter).
- Ensuring full regulatory compliance of investment writing content, processes and procedures.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and of Quilter Cheviot's investment thinking and narrative, attending key investment strategy meetings as appropriate.
- Working closely with PR /corporate communications to ensure our core messages are channelled through the press to create positive, consistent and extensive news coverage of Quilter Cheviot propositions and capabilities amongst our target audiences. Proactively generate ideas for PR.
- Ensuring all role-related budgets are properly approved and that the processing of the budget is effectively co-ordinated with budget holders.
- Supporting the delivery of other ad hoc projects as required
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable investment writer with a background in Financial Services who will be responsible for planning, developing and delivering the content with a high level of autonomy and ensuring that new innovations are leveraged by the firm to maximize the effectiveness and value of our communications amongst our target market. The individual will have a proven track record of quickly building trusting and effective working relationships with senior investors and have the ability to write for a wide range of audiences, from retail to wholesale and institutional (including charities).
- An investment-related qualification (e.g. the IMC or the CFA) would be desirable but not essential.
- An interest in financial markets, and investment, excellent writing abilities, and the ability to 'think visually'.
- Being degree-level educated is desirable.
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Core Benefits (Perm)
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private Medical Insurance: Single cover as standard, cover can be increased at your own cost
Life Assurance: 4x your salary, cover can be increased at your own cost
Income Protection: 75% of salary payable after 26 weeks of absence
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management in the UK and internationally. Managing over £100 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers, we operate in one of the largest wealth markets in the world - and one that is growing.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.