Interim Asset Surveyor, Investment Team, Property
c£300+ Day Rate
We are seeking an interim Principal Surveyor to immediately join our Investment Team in the Property Services section who manage a substantial and interesting commercial property portfolio including office, industrial, retail and leisure assets. The role will comprise hands on estate management, landlord and tenant work, rent reviews, lease renewals, new lettings, valuations and managing service charges.
My client holds a substantial commercial property investment portfolio principally comprising industrial, office and retail assets. Valued at c. £265m and which produces an annual rental income in excess of £17m. The portfolio comprises approximately 300 ground leased and directly managed assets including a shopping centre.
Reporting to and supporting to the Asset Manager, the main duties will include:
* Carrying out day to day investment portfolio duties arising from the commercial assets (both ground leases and directly let properties -predominantly office and industrial assets) including;
* Rent reviews, negotiating new lettings, lease renewals, regearings and generally dealing with all landlord and tenant matters arising including processing applications for landlord's consent, surrenders and dilapidations. Debt monitoring and income management are also a particular focus at present
* Estate management of multi-let properties including managing service charges and budgeting
* Undertaking valuations
What we are looking for:
* The candidate to this role will need to be an RICS qualified General Practice Surveyor
* Post qualification experience in a commercial property environment with a good working knowledge and understanding of commercial leases
* Able to provide professional advice on estate management matters and the ability to manage a commercial portfolio caseload with minimal supervision
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills dealing with customers, colleagues and stakeholders
* Public sector experience would be beneficial but is not a necessity for the role
* The candidate must possess a full driving licence and access to their own transport would be preferable to fulfil the duties of the role
* At present the role would be predominantly working from home with regular team interactions via Microsoft Teams / Skype / phone, although occasional working from the office may be necessary as may site visits / meetings.
* The rate is negotiable depending on the experience of the candidate
* The role is inside IR35
On offer to the successful candidate is a day rate of £300+ (flexible dependent upon experience). If you would like more information on the role then please call Amanda Lau at Novax Recruitment...... click apply for full job details