Do you have experience installing structures, within a construction environment?
Are you most comfortable in a manual role, working outdoors?
Are you someone who is looking for an opportunity to develop your career, with a successful company?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we may have the job for you!
So, Bring You, Shape Us!
Who are we?
Clear Channel UK are a leading Out of Home media owner, operating more than 33,000 advertising sites nationwide. We are a friendly and culture led company who value and support our employees to be the best they can be. We also care about the communities we work with and the environment too!
A few years ago, we brought the construction of our advertising sites in house, creating Clear Channel’s first Construction Team. Since then, the team have been extremely successful, responsible for delivering hundreds of site builds, including our newest digital Billboards and large Storm installations.
We’re excited to be growing our Construction Team even further and are looking for a skilled Installation Operative to join our team.
You will be working as part of the construction team erecting the superstructures of the digital advertising panels. Installation work will include erection of steel uprights to form part of the structure, attaching the screen framing and digital tiles. These will be mainly prebuilt steel structures and delivered to site in sections. There will be two types of structures to erect, either free standing or cantilevered off the gable walls of properties. The position will also require working closing with other team members such as the Groundworkers, installing the substructures.
This role will require travelling to sites nationwide so lodging and reasonable overnight expenses will be provided along with the use of a company vehicle.
This will create opportunities to develop additional skills where training will be provided.
What you'll be doing
- To be able to manage your workloads issued within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure that a safe site is created and maintained in accordance with the relevant
- Construction Phase Plan and accompanying RAMS. This can include all forms of site segregation, signing and guarding as necessary.
- You will be required to work within the framework of CCUK H&S Policy and accompanying legislation and codes of practice.
- Correct use of working at height equipment – Following the site-specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Maintain and safeguard the tools and equipment on site and ensure that they are stored in a lockable unit at the end of the shift.
- Report any near misses, accidents or incidents on site to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure that the site is left in a clear and tidy order to represent the company’s reputation in delivering good practices, quality of work and overall general appearance of Clear Channel.
- Adhere to the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015.
Who are you?
- Have a full driving licence.
- Understand the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015.
- Hold a CSCS card.
- Advantageous to be SSSTS trained.
- Experience with working at height – Use of step ladders, tower scaffolding and MEMPs – Hold an IPAF card.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Use of power and hand tools.
- Working within a team to achieve targets.
- To be able to problem solve on issues related to construction, using initiative when making decisions to enable the works to continue.
- NWRSA qualified with Traffic Management knowledge and the following of correct procedures.
- Competent in the use of machinery.
What's in it for you?
- Salary of £28,000 - £31,000k per annum, depending on experience
- Overtime opportunities
- Annual bonus up to 7% of your annual salary
- Development of skills provided.
- Full training plan available
- 25 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme matched to 8%
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Participation in employee discount scheme across hundreds of retailers
- Social events
Does this sound like the role for you?
Why not apply today! Or call our Plymouth team on 07920 4117278.
At Clear Channel UK we believe in fairness and as an equal opportunities employer we work hard to foster an inclusive environment, a place you can truly be yourself and be treated fairly. We focus purely on skills and behaviours so if you'd like the opportunity to help us create the future of media, we'd like to hear from you.