Are you passionate about education and committed to helping learners unlock their full potential? Are you skilled in ICT Training, with a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of those you teach? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The LTE Group is a national, public-sector learning, training and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to ‘improve lives and economic success through learning and skills. Our 4,000 valued colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our six businesses.
We have a great opportunity to join the education team at HMP Oakwood as an ICT Trainer on a permanent, full-time basis, working 37 hours per week.
What the role entails
As the Trainer you will be responsible for delivering high quality, learner-focused vocational training. You will work with groups of individuals, developing their practical and theory skills including their adherence to industry expectations for health and safety. You will work with industry professionals to provide an overview of the opportunities for employment to develop their aspirations. As part of the learning experience young people will work on live projects within the estate.
What we need from you
To be successful in the role Trainer, you will need:
- Service experience.
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Having the ability to track and monitor leaners progress against course criteria.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in the relevant vocational area.
- Willing to gain Award in Education within 6 months.
- Willing to gain the TAQA assessment qualification within probation.
- Commitment to gain a subject-specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years.
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year.
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year.
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Extensive annual leave which can be taken throughout the year and not restricted to school holiday times.
- Monday to Friday working pattern.
- Our in-house ‘Evolve’ training programme, which offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- We support you through a teacher training qualification and assessor qualifications.
- Full package of training to support working in a Prison environment
- Good progression routes into management positions within education
- Learner class sizes are much smaller than in FE colleges.
- Able to be flexible and innovative with the curriculum.
- Part of the wider community of the prison service
- Additional behavioural and complex need support
- Excellent pension scheme options including Teachers Pension scheme.
- Our comprehensive in-house awards scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme including a free, confidential, 24/7 support service.
- Health care discounts through Simply Health
- Retail discounts through You at Work
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the ‘Apply online’ button below.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the job description for shortlisting purposes.
The closing date for this job advert is 19/01/2024. However, the job advert may close early if we receive a good response.
LTE group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to undergo an appropriate DBS check via the Criminal Records Bureau and may be subject to additional online checks as part of our pre-screening process. Some roles are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and would require an Enhanced DBS check.