Hygiene Team Leader
Reporting to QA Manager, the role is responsible for assigned tasks and responsibilities for the management, governance and execution of the hygiene programme at site level to support the safe and hygienic manufacture of sauces, including all hygiene/allergen validation, extended run activities for existing and new equipment.
- Execution of the site sanitation programme (to include master cleaning schedules, SOPs, risk assessments etc.) to ensure Company hygiene standards are met, maintained and improved. This covers both equipment and fabric.
- Management of validation and optimisation projects for cleaning systems (for fabric as well as new and existing equipment) with the support and governance from QA Manager. Understanding of CIP set philosophy, validation and optimisation protocols and troubleshooting.
- Report on Hygiene KPIs and implement agreed/ assigned corrective actions to drive improved standards.
- Proactive approach to new and emerging cleaning methods and technologies. Maintain and improve relevant documented hygiene systems - Holchem Gateway, compliance to schedule tracker etc.
- Management of hygiene related environmental monitoring systems, including corrective actions for non-conforming results. (Shared responsibility with site QA team).
- Management of site hygiene audit and validation programmes, including corrective actions for non-conformances.
- Management of site pest control contract.
- Manage the training, development and performance review for Hygiene team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Hygiene structure.
- Provide education and technical support to cross functional teams to assure effective implementation of hygiene and food safety standards.
- Management and control of Hygiene consumables and PPE as per allocated budget and Company procedures. Ensuring through direct reports adequate supply of chemicals and consumable items to avoid operational disruption.
- Actively involved with reviews with chemical/ hygiene consumable suppliers including laundry.
- Be actively involved in third-party audits.
- Assist with technical support for trouble shooting activities, projects and the investigation of customer complaints (where appropriate)/ site non-conformances to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Responsible for management, creation and review of Cleaning Instruction Cards (CICs)
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Hygiene Management Qualification preferable
- Previous experience of Hygiene Management in a food manufacturing environment is a must, condiment manufacturing preferable
- Knowledge of CIP systems
- Knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP including allergen management & validation programmes
- Knowledge and experience of environmental monitoring systems and listeria risk management
- People management & leadership skills supported by previous experience in a leadership position
- Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
- Eye for detail and auditing skills
- Team player with a "hands on" approach
- PC Literate
- Ability to work well under pressure and without supervision.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our "Power of People" principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer...... click apply for full job details