With the support of the HR Manager translate the strategies and objectives of the HR function into operational plans (MWBP's and TIP's) in order to deliver the manufacturing strategy across the relevant sites.
In conjunction with the site HR teams, manage and oversee operational HR priorities effectively on a day to day basis taking into consideration the requirements of each site as appropriate.
Support and develop the site HR teams to ensure delivery of the HR and Manufacturing strategies across the relevant sites.
2-3 Direct Reports
Headcount circa - 550 permanent staff
Member of the Group HR team
* In conjunction with Site Management teams, develop short term people plans and projects, which support the business objectives (MWBP's/TIP's), site manufacturing strategies and Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, People principles
* Support the HR Manager in translating the functional strategy into plans and actions to achieve department/site objectives.
* Challenge established practices to the benefit of the business.
* Manage all operational HR issues for the site working closely with the Site Management team and HR Manager.
* Continue to develop a partnership approach with the Site Management team to assist in the delivery of change across the site.
* Manage the attendance procedure for all employees, ensuring that long term sickness cases are dealt with in an appropriate manner.
* Ensure all TU activity is dealt with effectively in house reducing risk and exposure factors to the business.
* Support the annual wage negotiation process with the site HR teams and Factory Management teams as appropriate.
* Continue to develop a partnership approach with the recognised union and to assist in the delivery of change across the sites.
* Ensure effective use of communication mechanisms throughout the sites.
* Support the implementation of consistent and effective policies & procedures across Wisbech and Long Sutton to ensure compliance with all internal controls and external legal requirements in line with Group HR policies.
* Support the provision of regular update sessions to line management in compliance, policy changes and best practice.
* Support the HR Manager and Site Management team in delivering all strategic change programmes and Group HR projects which impact dedicated sites.
* Promote Company values within the department/site through the appropriate operation of systems, policies and working practices.
* Support the development processes for the site, coaching the Site Management team in relation to performance appraisal, succession planning, management development, communication and engagement etc.
* Support and contribute to the learning and development plan across Wisbech and Long Sutton, in line with company requirements and site accredited standards and highlighting management development needs.
* Manage recruitment and selection activity cycles including developing, delivering and facilitating assessment events as and when required.
* Oversee preparation and facilitation of Ethical Audits for retail customers ensuring the risk of non-conformances is reduced as far as reasonably practicable.
* Ensure that the Company's succession planning tools are fully utilised and where appropriate development plans are created and actions/ recommendations implemented.
* Manage all capability and performance management issues, alongside the Site Management team, ensuring business impact is minimised and individual support is maximised.
* Input into and manage the delivery of the site engagement, including health and wellbeing projects and initiatives across the site, in partnership with the wider site team.
* Build lasting relationships with all levels across the organisation in order to create and add value to their operations and promote the services of HR.
* Manage self and HR teams to achieve department and site objectives.
* Support and coach team members to ensure continuing professional development.
* Ensure that HR team are updated of legislative changes and how these impact on the Princes employment context.
* Carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Canning HR Business Partner
* Cover of other team key activities as required ensuring continued service delivery during absences (i.e. holiday cover).
* All employees should carry out their duties in a responsible manner giving due consideration to Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures. Specific responsibilities can be found at section (phone number removed) of the Health & Safety Management System.
* Contribute to the health & safety of self and others by applying health and safety principles to the required standards whilst undertaking designated tasks.
Minimum 7 years generalist HR Management experience
Experience of working within a Manufacturing/FMCG environment and working with Trade Unions
Significant employee relations experience
Experience of managing and implementing change
Chartered MCIPD qualified
Ability to build effective relationships with customers and key stakeholders
Effective communication and IT Skills
Ability to manage people, prioritise and meet deadlines
Coaching and developing others
Ability to operate flexibly in a constantly changing environment
Ability to work under pressure