Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 p.a.
Location: Stratford (highly flexible)
Working pattern: Permanent, 35 hours
Application method: CV
Full job description here (please contact us if you would like this in an accessible format):
Closing date: 17th October
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor to provide support and guidance to managers across CRUK.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as an HR Advisor, to provide an exceptional advisory and employee relations (ER) casework service to managers across CRUK. In this role you will be responsible for Managing all ER casework and building relationships with our central colleagues including Finance, Fundraising, marketing and all non retail departments in a customer aligned area working closely with the appropriate HRBP's.
What will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by:
- Advising managers on all ER issues including performance and capability; relationships; conduct; attendance and mental and physical health, in line with CRUK procedures and guidelines.
- Attending and supporting the full range of formal hearings and meetings including appeals and those with the potential to end in dismissal.
- Producing metrics and commentary related to ER cases in the defined customer areas, highlighting any trends and pulling out the relevant insight.
- Supporting the wider HR team with change management and restructures
- Leading or contributing to defined HR projects as part of the PS team or in collaboration with the HRBPs supporting the defined customer group.
What skills are you looking for?
You'll be able to bring to the role:
- Strong working knowledge of employment legislation and ability to interpret and apply employment law in practice, applying pragmatism
- Proven experience of applying HR policies and procedures
- Experience of advising managers on employee relations cases including disciplinaries, grievances, capability and sickness absence issues up to and including dismissal
- Relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders up to and including Head level
- Well organised with a strong ability to prioritise
- Ability to confidently and appropriately communicate in writing and verbally
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, and much more. We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all our roles wherever possible. For most of our office-based roles you'll only be required to work from a specific location for 1 or 2 days a week on average. You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.