About The Role
We are looking for two HR Administrators to join our small but effective HR Operations team, you will provide a responsive HR service to the business ensuring efficient, effective and accurate HR administration. This will include supporting in all areas of the employee lifecycle, to underpin the day-to-day operation. As a trusted guide to our line managers, you'll get involved in all aspects of HR across the business providing you with a great opportunity to develop into a strong HR Generalist.
- Produce all Offer Letters, Contracts of Employment and Changes of Contract for current employees
- Collate and process all associated paperwork for New Starters and conduct pre-employment checks
- Process Terminations and ensure a smooth transition with regard to notice pay, holiday pay and issuing of P45's
- General HR administration (delivery of all processes, letters and forms across Hire to Retire)
- Fortnightly and Monthly Payroll Processing Preparation - working alongside our in-house Payroll Team, ensuring accuracy and compliance to company policy and statutory obligations
- Provide support to line managers to action HR Processes including; Probation, Short Term Sickness, AWOL
- Pro-actively contribute to HR Process Continuous Improvement and Delivery
HR Databases and Reporting
- HR Compliance and Audit - Electronic and Manual File Maintenance including, scanning, photocopying, filing and document updating
- Enter timely and accurate people data onto the HR databases (Sage / Mitrefinch / Nextrasoft)
- Coordinate reporting from the HR database and assist in the creation of HR reports in order to support the HR Management team
- First point of contact for all colleagues and external stakeholders with requests and queries
- Manage the HR email inbox efficiently responding to enquiries and escalating issues for advice to the HR Operations Manager / HRBP's as appropriate
- Ensure open and timely lines of communication are fostered with management teams across the business
- Strong IT Skills and knowledge to include Microsoft suite
- Be organised and comfortable juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and get things done
- Hands on learning style
- Proven listening skills and empathetic approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly, build positive relationships and adapt your style to suit the situation
- Professional positive outlook and strong work ethic with belief in working to high standards
- Excellent command of the English Language, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Established in 1976, Bestway Wholesale has grown to become the UK's largest independent food and drink wholesaler, we also operate in Banking, Cement and Heath Care Sectors with UBL Bank, Bestway Cement and Well Pharmacy.
Our mission is to be the 'Best Way to Grow your Food and Drinks Business'.
With 58 depots spanning the length and breadth of the UK, Bestway Wholesale is a supply partner to over 70,000 independent retailers and 40,000 catering and foodservice operators.
We have scale and purchasing power to help our customers compete in an ever-changing market. In addition to supplying to thousands of convenience stores, Bestway Wholesale also operates the award-winning Best-one symbol group which has 1,400 members across the country and over 3,500 independent retailers have chosen our depot-run promotion club, Xtra Local, as their retail club of choice.
Through the acquisition of Costcutter Supermarkets Group into our Bestway Retail Division, our annual wholesale turnover has grown to c£3b per year.
Bestway Retail now supports nearly 3000 symbol retailers as well as operating over 400 franchised stores, and over 170 company owned stores throughout England and Wales, we employ over 2500 colleagues who enable us to provide a great local retail service in our communities.
We own the UKs largest franchised off license and convenience chains which encompasses the brands Bargain Booze, Wine Rack, Select Convenience and Central Convenience. Our vision is to be the best value off licence led convenience retailer and wholesaler.
Both retailers and suppliers are supported by this new additional scale of the combined business, with the collaborative partnership approach making Bestway the partner of choice for growing sales in the convenience market.
Join us and you will be joining our fast-paced business, entrepreneurial and dynamic business. It's an incredibly exciting time to join us in this new venture!!