Service Name: The Croft
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £9.02 per hour
Hours: 25 hours per week
Ambient Support (formerly known as Heritage Care and Community Options) is a registered UK charity with over 25 years' experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our wide range of quality specialist services are delivered by our dedicated, professional and passionate staff and our success is built on supporting people to live a full and meaningful life - regardless of age, health or disability.
Our aims are to enable people who have a mental health need to live in the community at their greatest level of independence and to enable people to access a range of community facilities and to promote recovery and opportunities for social inclusio
We are looking for our Housekeeper to have:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the post applied for
• Health & Safety regulations including COSHH
• Basic literacy
• Basic numeracy
• Good spoken communication skills in order to relate well to service users and staff
• Basic computer keyboard skills and the ability to use computers on a regular basis. Examples of the level required may include, the use of the internet, emails, and basic software packages to record and access information, including use of care management systems.
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding and awareness of Equality & Diversity.
• Ability to work flexibly, responding to the needs of the service, ensuring that the home has staff cover, 365 days of the year.
• Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
• Capability of working a position that requires manual handling tasks as a core requirement.
In return for your hard work, we offer our Housekeeper:
• All staff are entitled to 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays.
• Ambient Support operates a free employee benefits discount scheme. This gives discounts on many retailers on the high street and over the internet. We also offer a bike to work scheme and a childcare voucher discount scheme.
• Excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We also offer a wide range of qualifications including RQF (formerly NVQ/QCF) in Adult Social Care. There is opportunity to progress to more .
• Thorough induction, e-learning, classroom training including manual handling, dementia awareness and shadow shifts with experienced members of the team.
• To be a part of a company that believes all people are unique and they should be able to lead valued lives in their communities treated with dignity and respect, no matter their age, health condition or disability...... click apply for full job details