PLEASE NOTE - THIS JOB ROLE IS STILL ACTIVE BUT DUE TO COVID 19 THE HR PROCESS IS ON HOLD………. PLEASE APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SKILLSET AND ARE INTERESTED AND WE WILL GIVE YOU A FULL UPDATE!!****
Heating Interface Uni Engineer / HIU Engineer
Our client are seeking a new HIU Engineer to form a new team within a specific area of the business that maintain large district heating systems at sites across London
This Mobile Heater Interface Unit Engineer will not only be expected to have a Good engineering background, but will also be required to have excellent customer services skills. Candidates will enter a very diverse range of residential properties and need to be trustworthy and confidence in communicating with others.
The clients contract remit stretches for the energy centre itself, up to the HIU or CIU in each apartment, retail spaces, leisure facilities etc.
Although Engineers main focus will be the HIU's, you will also form part of a wider team which also looks after the energy centre and broader HVAC/Mechanical services.
Duties included are:
• To work on high pressure/temperature installations in client district heating system properties
• To service and repair HIU CIU installations
• To repair pipe work and work on associated fixtures and fittings
• To replace meters within the HIU
• To carry out minor electrical repairs within the confines of the HIU
• To deliver excellent customer service
• Attend callouts when required
The client have some of the best market leading optimisation software, that really stands them apart from our competition which is important. They need leading engineers on-board to help us find and deliver these results.
Our view is that this is a start of a very exciting opportunity for our business and anyone that joins us. We would like to bring on engineers that want to grow within our business!
Core Values we required you to have:
• Commitment • Passion
• Hard working • Discipline
• Trustworthy • Dynamic
• Positive attitude • Initiative
Skills & qualifications required:
• A time served mechanical apprenticeship
• City & Guilds level 2 or equivalent Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Plumbing
• Unvented hot water certification (desirable)
• Previous experience in breakdown/repair/maintenance on hydraulic interface units
• IT literate and be comfortable working with an electronic works management system (CAFM) (essential)
• Be a good problem solver and ability to fault find and rectify
• Have good technical knowledge whilst also being able to be the face of the company and able to speak with clients when required
• Able to work on Pumps, Values and general HVAC equipment within an energy centre
Salary, Benefits & Package:
Between £30,000 - £39,000 depending on experience & skills
Zones 1 + 2 + 3 or Company Vehicle (to be discussed at point of interview)
Contributory Company Pension Scheme
Vehicle when on call
Hours of work: 08:00 till 17:00 Monday to Friday
Call out will become part for this role going forward but not for the first month. Some overtime maybe available but cannot be guaranteed
Opportunity to progress if you work hard