VC Evidensia UK
Salary up to £70,000 DOE plus up to £5,000 Welcome Bonus plus up to £5,00 Relocation Allowance Are you motivated, organised and keen for development?
Are you seeking an exciting new step that allows you to further your career into leadership and management?
Yes? Then this is the role for you.
Join us as Head Veterinary Surgeon at easipetcare and lead our passionate team of Vets and Nurses. You would be working at our large, open and well-equipped practice based in the bustling centre of Derby. The most important thing is finding the right person for our team therefore we are open to working days/hours to suit you and there is no OOH.
Why progress your career with us?
- You will have the opportunity to mentor our Vet team as well as the option to work closely with the Practice Principal to contribute to the management, organisational and financial performance of the practice.
- Ability to accommodate a Veterinary Surgeon with either a surgical or medical bias, given our varied and diverse caseload.
- We prioritize your professional growth with CPD support.
- Flexible rota patterns to suit you, for example a 4-day week with a protected day off.
- Enrolment in discretionary Vet Bonus Scheme – get recognised for your efforts!
Who we are
Derby is a large and established practice with 4 consult rooms, separate cattery, kennel and isolation wards, a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room, large theatre and prep room, and an in-house laboratory. The practice has excellent transport links, including the M1 and a direct train to London and we also have the lovely Peak District National Park nearby.
Our practice has an established client base and our team is passionate about providing the best standard of care to both pet and client. We’re also linked to Cats Protection, StreetVet, and donate unused pet food.
If this role doesn’t totally suit your situation, why not get in touch with our Talent Partner Megan for a confidential chat – . We want to find a way to make this role work for you.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
(Subject to pro rata)
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Paid RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Speak to Megan Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.