The Royal Mint group is one of the UK's oldest and most respected organisations. As well as being the home of British coinage for over 1,100 years we offer our global customers a diverse range of products and services which include Consumer and Gifting products; precious metals investment; storage facilities and also a visitor attraction at The Royal Mint Experience.
We have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to join us as Head of the Royal Mint Experience. You will develop and deliver a comprehensive strategic business plan to drive sales revenue, footfall and customer satisfaction within The Royal Mint Experience as well as maximising every opportunity to raise the profile of the Royal Mint Visitor Experience and deliver a world class attraction that enhances the Royal Mint brand.
- Accountable for the development of a strategy and business plan for the next phase of evolution.
- Drive and implement the business plan setting challenging business targets that will maximise revenue growth and achieve a contribution and EBITDA ahead of budget expectation.
- Accountable for driving and delivering all sales strategies across all channels, including achieving and exceeding sales and profit targets as well as full ownership of the P&L.
- Ensure our visitors have a world class customer experience leading to increased sales, repeat visits and increased advocacy, measured through financial performance and industry rankings (i.e TripAdvisor).
- Drive and lead, together with the Marketing Business Partner to develop and deliver a comprehensive marketing programme, to drive footfall and deliver the sales/business plan.
- Set clear expectations and lead the team to ensure all aspects of the Visitor Experience exceed customer expectations and deliver a high standard of customer service.
- Manage the daily, weekly, monthly reporting and management of budgets to ensure cost control is kept firmly in line with monthly targets.
- Act as industry expert for The Royal Mint, always being aware of and leading on industry developments through close association with tourism bodies and other stakeholders.
- Graduate calibre with extensive experience of developing and managing visitor experiences and/or large retail business preferably with F&B experience.
- Substantial experience in developing and delivering sales and revenue growth for a visitor and or customer experience is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies to grow and develop a customer focused business.
- Proven track record in managing all elements of financial planning, with the ability to identify opportunity areas and develop action plan.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement in a structured way with benefits measured and realised.
- Proven track record of leading and developing teams.
- Demonstrate experience in risk management implementation and controls to mitigate any risk to staff or customers
- Understanding and experience in crisis management and developing continuity plans for a business
Our benefits include:
25 days' holiday per year; upper quartile Pension Scheme; Life Assurance; Free onsite car parking; Learning & Development opportunities along with reimbursement of professional membership fees; Give a day volunteering for The Royal Mint's chosen charity; onsite gym and canteen facilities.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th September at midday. All candidates will receive confirmation of their application within 24 hours of receipt. Should you not hear from us 4 weeks after the closing date, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Regrettably, due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide feedback to applicants on an individual basis.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, previously known as a CRB check, and a continued satisfactory outcome of a Disclosure re-check during the course of your employment.
The Royal Mint is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Our aim is to treat prospective employees with integrity, respect and consideration. We aim to ensure that individuals are recruited, selected, trained and promoted on the basis of ability, job requirements, skills and aptitudes. All applicants will always be dealt with fairly and on objective criteria so no individual or group is disadvantaged.
No agencies thank you...... click apply for full job details