Nene Group Plc
With over 45 years' experience in providing market-leading warehouse and racking solutions to businesses across the UK and Ireland, Nene is the perfect environment for the right individual to expand their skill set and progress into the ever-changing world of warehouse solutions and project management, whilst working for and supported by an experienced family run company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a fast-paced team and loyal family company where you will be a name and not just a number. Every day will bring a new challenge and a new rewarding experience whilst working within a new & existing high-profile client base.
Group Purchasing Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail orientated, energetic, ambitious, and dynamic individual to join our growing team and play a key part in helping Nene Group Plc achieve their objectives. The role will be working across two businesses within the group.
This is an excellent opportunity to put your stamp on a pivotal role within our purchasing department, taking full control and responsibility for the company's overall purchasing activities. Working with the Managing Directors of each subsidiary on a daily basis, you will be responsible for all proactive and reactive procurement requirements, including the implementation of a procurement management framework and management of procurement processes to help the company remain competitive in the marketplace and manage risks associated to its supply chain.
You will be the conduit between the company's orderbook and production planning activities, ensuring information is proactively shared, creating great relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Raise Purchase Orders for incoming goods, machines, equipment, and parts required by relevant business stakeholders.
* Maintain records of all goods ordered and received, following up where delivery dates are not met, and follow up and advise Sales/Operations Teams if materials cannot be procured in time for delivery.
* Locate suitable vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and source competitive quotes to meet Company requirements, ensuring the business remains competitive in the market.
* Implement a procurement framework of policy, process, and procedures to ensure the business remains competitive, profitable and risk conscious.
* Oversee all supplier relationships to ensure both service and commercial benefits are achieved.
* Assist in the control of your own and subsequently the company database in recording all appointments/quotations and orders gained.
* Generate greater profitability potential through strategic procurement across all areas of responsibility and act always in an honest and professional manner in support of the greater company image within the marketplace.
* Implement supplier agreements to reduce risk exposure, ensuring both service and commercial interests are protected.
* Work alongside Operations Management to implement of stock control processes to ensure greater stock management and improved accuracy.
* Previous experience working with Outlook mail, Excel spreadsheets, word applications and third-party software applications are essential to the role.
* Procure all necessary materials for effective production, operation, and logistics within the companies at the best prices and quality.
* Liaise closely with the Production Planner to ensure average material lead times are proactively communicated and that materials are received within a timely manner, but commensurate to the production schedule to avoid excessive stock holding.
* Inspect / review product availability and terms of sales.
* Manage purchasing department documentation and electronic files.
* Review suppliers to ensure compliance is achieved.
* Analyse supplier trends to ensure conformance to company policy and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and suitability.
* Participate in locating new products or substitute materials.
* Liaison with other departments, Accounting, Admin, Sales, Operations, Production and Stock/ Warehouse Departments.
* Budgeting, costing and cost saving after reviewing the management information available.
* Health and Safety, Quality and other legal requirements.
* Good communication & housekeeping skills.
* Filing as necessary, to maintain a well organised document-controlled environment.
* Complete all reasonable, ad hoc duties as required by the Senior Management Team.
* Maintain all job costing and purchase order electronic spreadsheets, taking time to ensure accuracy.
* Support costing exercise for new product development and cost efficiencies.
You, your background?
* The ability to apply a broad understanding of financial principals to ensure decisions are fiscally responsible and based on the budget outlined by the manager, and to leverage interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop relationships with all key suppliers, customers & colleagues.
* Arranging or categorising spend according to specific goods or services (direct & indirect); and keeping in mind quality, service, risk and cost at all times.
* Continually monitor the trends in their supply environment and within their firms and influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to work well in teams to include suppliers, customers & employees.
* Willing to change and adapt and be flexible and a problem solver, seeking the best solution.
* Previous experience with steel/ commodity purchasing or manufacturing environments (highly desirable), engineering experience (advantageous).
Company vehicle, laptop/mobile phone, competitive salary, private medical insurance, company pension, free on-site parking, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, and an opportunity to join a great growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability status