At Sephora we inspire our customers, empower our teams, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We create an environment where people are valued, and differences are celebrated. Every day, our teams across the world bring to life our purpose: to expand the way the world sees beauty by empowering the ExtraOrdinary in each of us.
We are united by a common goal – to reimagine the future of beauty.
As the Head of PR & Communications at Sephora UK, your primary goal is to
make the brand shine and drive awareness among the target audience. You will
be responsible for building and orchestrating comprehensive communication
plans that align with branding and key business animations across all channels
and for driving brand shaping initiatives through influence and partnerships.
Additionally, you will drive our ambitious store opening plan across the region,
managing all the events and communications for each launch.
This is a broad scope position encompassing PR, influencer marketing, media
branding, partnerships, brand ambassador programs, and events.
Duties and responsibilities
1/ Develop and execute PR & influencer marketing strategies
- Develop and execute PR & influence strategies to make the Sephora brand shine and increase awareness among the target audience in the UK market enhancing our brand positioning and perception.
- Build, lead and develop a dynamic team of PR and Comms experts who actively collaborate with relevant partners within and outside the organization
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with journalists, editors, and influencers, to maximise media & social coverage from PR & influencers initiatives.
- Work closely with the global corporate communication team and with relevant internal stakeholders, including executive team members and colleagues across the organization, to develop comprehensive communication plans and initiatives, press release, manage reputation/ crisis issues.
- Act as a key advisor and provide support to key spokespersons for the UK market (for press interviews, speeches, roundtable etc).
2/ Build and foster partnerships, collaborations and brand ambassador programs
- Partnership Development: Identify and foster partnerships with fashion brands, student organisations, festivals, and other relevant entities. Collaborate on joint campaigns and activations to expand brand reach and relevance.
- Brand Ambassador Programs: Develop and manage brand ambassador programs to create authentic connections and advocacy for the Sephora brand. Identify and engage with influential individuals who align with the brand’s values and target audience.
3/ Event Management & Store opening plans
- Plan and execute all events for the UK market that align with brand objectives and resonate with the target audience. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver memorable experiences and create strong brand moments. (Store openings, PR events etc)
- Build and lead the core store opening marketing team
- For each new store opening, drive the local community connection initiatives
- Oversee all the instore events, masterclasses & animations in coordination with the Omni/ retail marketing team.
- Across the various events, serve as the spokesperson, effectively communicating the brand messaging to the media, public, and key stakeholders.
4/ Build and orchestrate major external communications moments
- Build and orchestrate the external communication plan for all the major business and brand moments (Holiday, major brand or product launches, Sephoria ) involving media branding & PR and influence initiatives.
- Drive the relationships with brands and key internal / external stakeholders and work closely with the omni marketing team on the coordination.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (advanced degree preferred)
- A PR Rockstar
- Ability to build communication strategy
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong experience beauty, strong knowledge of UK culture & market specifics
- Ability to represent the brand
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team.
- Proven experience in omnichannel communication- in a digital first environment , brand management, and marketing
- In-depth knowledge of PR strategies, media branding, influencer marketing, and event management, crisis management / PR
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy
The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
The learning. We invest in training and developing our teams, and you will continue evolving and building your skills through personalized career plans.
The culture. As a leading beauty retailer within the LVMH family, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. It is in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members across 35 markets and 3,000 stores, are united by a common goal – to reimagine the future of beauty.
You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
Sephora is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace for all. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, or other employment practices. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating and fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.