Medical Protection Society
As MPS launches its new 5-year People Strategy, we have a brand new opportunity for a Head of P&C Operations to guide our HR Advisory and Talent Acquisition functions.
Reporting into our Executive Director of People and Culture, the Head of People and Culture Operations will deliver transformational , strategic change primarily around policy and advice, resourcing, P&C data and systems and employee experience.
You will be instrumental in defining your teams’ strategy and objectives, guiding the transformation of People and Culture operations to one that is truly global, sustainable, and adaptable.
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for driving organisational excellence through people-centric initiatives, then this is the role for you.
This a hybrid role with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the UK, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our offices in Leeds, which is likely once or twice a week.
As our new Head of P&C Operations, you will also:
- Drive a culture and capability in Lean/continuous improvement, establishing operational efficiency and great colleague experiences
- Lead on the development of P&C data and insight which will be used to inform the P&C strategy and measures of success
- In collaboration with wider P&C teams, define and deliver an employee experience strategy, where people processes and frameworks drive a positive employee experience and enable a strong EVP for MPS
- Have oversight of the central People Services function, ensuring outcomes and employee experience align to the aspirations of the P&C strategy
- Lead the setting and delivery of the departmental operational budgets, ensuring an efficient and effective operating model to minimise cost and maximise financial sustainability without compromising the member / colleague experience
- Oversee the development and implementation of all related policies, procedures and systems to support the growth of the organisation and delivery of people strategies
- Lead the team to ensure all aspects of the departments strategy and frameworks focus on diversity and inclusiveness to ensure accessibility for all colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of people and culture and employee relations approaches, methods and their application
- Extensive operational leadership of multiple P&C teams
- Strong experience in developing and embedding people operations strategy
- Implementing and managing effective partnership arrangements
- Detailed knowledge of recruitment best practice, approaches, methods and their application is desirable
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 22% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 30 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Car Allowance of £2,335
- Family Cover Private Medical Cover
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members’ premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, its employees and our products, or kept safe should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered enough to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and are determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Member’s best interests are at the core.
If you are interested in finding out more, looking for a new role and want to join an organisation that truly values its employees, take a look at the role profile to find out more about the role to apply.
Our Recruitment team are always on hand should you have any questions, are having any technical issues or wish to understand how MPS can support you with your application and interview. You can contact Recruitment by email