FASHION RETAIL ACADEMY
Head of Fashion & Retail Awards (FARA)
Part-Time (0.4 FTE)
London, West End/Hybrid
About Fashion & Retail Awards
Fashion & Retail Awards provides trusted assessment services to the retail industry. As an independent offshoot of the Fashion Retail Academy, we have educational excellence and industry responsiveness at our core.
We have launched an End-Point Assessment offer; this service will be extended over time, as directed by our partners in industry and our independent board. All proceeds from our services are re-invested into the Fashion Retail Academy charity, which aims at inspiring and developing the next generation of talent.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a positive and proactive Head of Fashion & Retail Awards to lead our FARA team. This is a pivotal role and will report to the CEO of the Fashion Retail Academy and be responsible to the Chair of the Board for all matters relating to regulation and compliance, and liaison with Ofqual. The post will oversee the development and application of assessments and provide support and line management for staff engaged in these activities. The Head of Fashion & Retail Awards will be responsible for customer service, the development of service level agreements and ensuring that the assessment service meets customer/client expectations.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification and have previous experience in a similar role.
- You will have strong knowledge of assessment, preferably within End Point Assessment and / or Apprenticeships.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of Ofqual regulations, requirements, policies, and procedures is essential for the role.
- You will have experience of successfully managing complex projects and implementing operational or technological change in an assessment environment.
- You will have experience of creating, delivering and quality assuring assessments, as well as overseeing the development of assessment instruments.
- You will have experience of managing and leading a small team, including fractional staff, and working to support the success of others.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an impactful presence, and outstanding leadership abilities to work collaboratively across the business and with a wide range of stakeholders.
If you are a dynamic and action-oriented individual, with strong assessment experience, who thrives on delivering operational priorities for a business this would be the perfect role for you to grow in a dynamic and creative environment to further develop your career!
Competitive, depending on qualifications and experience
For more information about us and this role, visit our website and refer to the job description and person specification available to download.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter / supporting statement to your application.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 December 2023. Please note, we do review applications as and when they come in. If you wish to apply for this position, early application is advised.
Please get in touch with our Recruitment team at for further information or an informal chat about this campaign.