Are you an experienced leader in savings products and pricing? Can you lead and inspire a team to deliver in a fast-paced environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Savings, you will lead the savings strategy and balance sheet growth for Metro Bank. Through a team of product managers and analysts you will own our suite of retail savings and pension products including product management, risk management, pricing and product development. Whilst you won't own our business savings products you will lead overall forecasting, trading and reporting across our retail and business segments.
This is a key part of Metro Bank's strategy and you take an important leadership role in the bank, making sure our goals are met, while creating fans from colleagues and customers.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Defining our retail savings product strategy
• Setting the annual funding plan, leading forecasting and trading updates
• Defining our pricing strategy, recommending and delivering pricing changes
• Developing and enhancing new and existing products to meet our target customer needs
• Act as an expert on the deposits market and keep close to innovation and market change
• Overseeing product and risk management for retail and pension products
• Leading and nurturing a high performing team
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have extensive experience of working with savings products and / or pricing
• You will be an experienced leader, passionate about coaching high performing teams
• You will be analytical and have knowledge of forecasting, pricing and trading
• You will have a customer focused mind-set and want to drive continual improvement
• You will be enthusiastic and delivery focused, happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates. Good luck!