As our Head of Compliance in the UK, you’ll be a senior leader responsible for our UK business. You’ll lead our independent compliance function in the UK and will work closely with the UK executive team, acting as the first point of contact for UK compliance and risk topics and acting as the lynchpin in our “second line of defence” for the business.
You’ll be supported by and report into our centralised compliance function based in Europe but, as a Senior Manager under the UK’s regulatory regime, will be expected to ensure that the UK operation meets its obligations to regulators, partners, and customers. You’ll have a critical responsibility for supporting our UK leadership team in their business and strategic goals.
You’ll be an experienced (10 years plus) Compliance professional with a background experience in financial services or an allied industry, now looking to make a move into the FinTech world and join a thriving business which has ambitious growth plans in the next 3-5 years. You’re a future industry leader with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to persuade, support and advise all levels both internally and externally.
- Regulatory Compliance: working with our General Counsel and keeping abreast of evolving regulatory requirements in the UK, especially those relevant to fintech and banking. This could involve interpreting and implementing new regulations, ensuring that the company’s processes and policies are in compliance, and liaising with regulatory bodies as needed.
- Ownership of Compliance policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the firms compliance with regulatory requirements, including the Consumer Duty.
- Ownership of the firm’s Compliance Monitoring Plan ensuring it remains up to date and providing appropriate oversight and monitoring on all relevant activities eg. Financial Promotions, Complaints etc.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submissions of all Raisin UK’s regulatory reporting including to the FCA, FSCS and other regulators as needed.
- Maintain the Firms regulatory status including owning all communications with the FCA and other regulators as needed and leading on any new licence applications.
- Leading the Firm’s second line of defence and providing compliance guidance, advice and oversight to the business.
- Responsible for setting a strong culture of compliance in the firm including owning the delivery of annual compliance training by all relevant staff.
- Responding to and engaging with all the Firm’s external partners as needed on compliance topics including Deposit Taking Banks and the Service Bank.
- Ultimate accountability for the Firm’s compliance with the Senior Managers Certification Regime ensuring all information and applications are kept up to date.
- Risk Management: plays a critical role in identifying, assessing, and mitigating compliance risks. This could include developing risk management strategies and reporting on risk assessments. Acts as Chair of the Firm’s UK risk committee and owns their risk management framework.
- Compliance leadership: promoting a culture of compliance within the organization. This could involve regular updates and training sessions for staff on compliance matters and ethical conduct.
- Compliance Audits and Inspections: conducting or overseeing regular compliance audits and inspections, ensuring that any deficiencies are addressed promptly.
- Incident Response and Reporting: following processes for responding to compliance-related incidents, including investigation, reporting, and resolution, in collaboration with legal or other relevant departments.
- Support of the UK team on day-to-day basis, working closely with CEO, Chief of Staff and General Counsel.
- Background in regulation, risk management and/or compliance in financial services with experience of 10+ years either as an FCA-endorsed Senior Manager or relevant deputy. Experience working for regulated financial services businesses or in regulatory role is a must. Retail banking, investment or pensions all considered highly desirable.
- Degree-level education in the above mentioned fields, or relevant industry experience. (Master’s not necessary but desirable).
- Experience in Fincrime/AML/KYC essential.
- Ideally, the successful candidate is a qualified Money Laundering Reporting Officer and has been previously approved under the FCA’s Senior Manager’s regime.
- Able to deliver high-quality insight and reporting in slides, word document or table formats without too much additional training. Ability to provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis is critical. Experience of key tooling used in Fintech (or ability to get up to speed) with e.g. Looker/Tableau, Jira, Confluence, GRC tooling and CRM tooling such as Zendesk considered a big plus.
- Able to support team working in Manchester, UK – remote working within UK can be accommodated however you’d be expected to be in the office at least once a week (typically Wednesdays).
- Fluency in English (written/spoken), other relevant languages are welcome.
Join our mission, join our team – and grow with us!
At Raisin, we care about each other and it is one of our top priorities to foster an open and caring environment in which everyone feels welcome and comfortable. Our culture is strongly driven by our ambitious team, who are at the heart of our success.
As part of the Raisin UK team, you benefit from:
- Investment in your development with an annual personal training budget of £1,500 and 4 full training days per year.
- Access to Babbel for continuous learning.
- Always hungry? Breakfast, snacks, daily fresh fruit and drinks are at your disposal around the clock.
- We are hybrid working, we are in the office twice a week, giving the team the opportunity to collaborate and spend time together. Wednesday is our core day in the office.
- We offer 28 days + Bank Holidays of holiday a year
- One day birthday leave and gift voucher to celebrate your birthday.
- We offer you a company stakeholder pension.
- The opportunity to experience our annual retreats in exciting European cities and other team building events.
Raisin is the trailblazer in the savings and investment space. Founded in 2012, the fintech company started by opening the $95+ trillion deposits and investments market of the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States to consumers. Today, Raisin serves more than one million customers in these three markets, offering savings products as well as investment and pension products. This makes the Berlin-based fintech one of the leading global savings and investments marketplaces. Savers get a wider choice of attractive products with the ability to move their money freely. In addition, financial service providers get best-in-class marketplace solutions for their customers, and banks get better access to retail funding. Raisin operates its own B2C marketplaces in Europe and the U.S. under the brands Raisin, WeltSparen and ZINSPILOT.
In Germany, the company offers ETF-based investment and retirement products, Private Equity and Crypto investments, and savings products. Raisin works with over 400 banks and financial service providers from over 30 countries. Raisin has €50 billion AuA and generated over €1 billion in interest for its customers worldwide. Raisin is backed by renowned international investors such as b2venture, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Greycroft, Headline, Index Ventures, Latitude Ventures, Orange Ventures, PayPal Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Ribbit Capital, Vitruvian Partners and M&G.
The company has offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Madrid, Manchester, Munich and New York.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.