Do you love working as part of a team in a busy environment?
Do you love making food that puts a smile on peoples faces?
Looking for a fresh new challenge where no day is the same?
Are you a confident leader and looking for a new kitchen to demonstrate your talent in?
If so, we have a job for you!
We are currently recruiting a Head Chef to work with our team at Palace Barracks, Holywood BT18 9RA
Whats in it for you
- ? £12.50 per hour
- ? Full time 40 hours a week, 5 days out of 7, mainly Monday Friday
- ? Shifts ranging between 6am 8pm
- ? Catering facilities on site
- ? Free on site parking
- ? Free uniform provided
- ? NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- ? Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 3 full years service
- ? Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- ? A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What youll be doing
- ? Youll be preparing and serving food to the highest standard
- ? Management of the kitchen
- ? Organising and supporting your team to ensure a smooth operation daily
- ? Ensure tasks are allocated so teams are fully utilised
- ? Producing food in line with the recipe sheets
- ? Full knowledge of all menu items served
- ? Organising monthly stock count and conduct appropriate brand standard audits
- ? Support the effective delivery of special functions or events
- ? Ensuring that we deliver high quality service to the mess members and other military personnel
- ? Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- ? Placing orders and keeping records of any stock wastage
- ? Completing all shift opening and closing checklists and due diligence
- ? Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- ? Assist in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- ? Undertake relevant training as required
- Food hygiene certificate level 3 or willing to work towards it on our e-learning platform
- Confident leader and able to lead by example
- Experience managing a team of chefs in a busy kitchen environment
- Previous experience in a client facing role or a retail branded environment
- Relevant culinary qualification
- Good level of spoken English
- Security clearance and a DBS check is required