Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Hair and Make Up Artist works alongside the in-house and freelance Hair and Make Up Artists and reports directly to the Styling Manager to create and deliver the best hair / make up on our Missguided models.
This person must be passionate about fashion and hair styling and makeup. They must be aware of current catwalk trends, social media trends and how to translate these trends in a suitable wearable way for the Missguided customer whilst being as reactive as possible.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Have a full understanding of the MG customer, what is on brand and how to push the brand forward. Being aware of competitors, social trends and how we keep the brand one step ahead and relevant
- Considering sales feedback, product and how to ensure hair and make up compliments looks to achieve maximum sales
- Produce a high standard of hairstyling / make up artistry that is brand appropriate, references the seasons catwalk trends and street style and appeals to the MG customer
- Be responsible for producing hairstyles and make up for 1-2 models in the 1.5 hour allocated time slot, including any haircuts, nails or tanning where required
- Be responsible for creating new looks on new models, as well as considering current hair/make up references for site consistency
- Understand all hair and skin types and how to work with these to the best possible standard
- Have a strong brand / product category awareness and be able to adapt hair / make up accordingly throughout the shoot
- Be a forward-thinking member of the shoot team and having a voice on set to work with the photographer and stylist on ensure every shot is the best it can be
- Produce inspirational mood boards to reference hair and makeup ideas in line with trends, product categories and season.
- Communicate creative briefs and references to freelancers and oversee freelancers' work to ensure that it is of a suitable standard when required
- Understand and implement daily tasks as requested by the Styling Manager including product stock checks and ordering
- Be responsible for updating and maintaining the hair and make-up referencing system
- Professional presence in the hair and make-up department and studios
- To source new and appropriate products that could be incorporated into the MG kits
- Engage in training and development by attending courses as required
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and products including stock control
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Fashion background and previous studio hair styling and make up experience (minimum 2 years)
- Previous fashion e-commerce retail experience would be an advantage
- Certified qualification in hairdressing and make up
- Ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment and remain proactive and professional
- Be able to rapidly adapt to change
- Have strong attention to detail in order for you to present the product in the best way possible
- Be a dedicated team player who is eager to learn and can grasp new information quickly
- Understanding of current catwalk trends and how these relate to the MG customer
- Respond positively to feedback and areas of improvement and can provide solutions where possible
- Excellent time management and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Keen interest in fashion along with some relevant experience in the industry
What We Will Give You :
- 12 Month fixed term contract
- A competitive salary
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Staff discount (Missguided/Mennace)
- Company bonus
- Wanna (internal engagement hub with access to retail discounts)
- Death in service benefits
- State of the art building, fun working environment, Spacious desk areas, caf?, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Sample Sales,
- Missguided Moments (competitions, parties & giveaways).
Founded by Nitin Passi in 2009, Missguided is known as an iconic, award winning confident brand, famed for empowering women to look and feel confident for every occasion.
With a social footprint of 6 million followers, our unique style attracts over 300 million annual website visits, which sees more than 300 new styles drop each week. Collaborating with some of the biggest names, from Playboy to Barbie to supermodel Jourdan Dunn and influencers including Sonia x Fyza, Stassie, Jordan Lipscombe, Sofia Richie and Hayden Williams; Missguided has quickly become a global fashion leader of this generation.
We ship to 180 countries worldwide and have ecommerce websites serving 9 different territories, alongside iPhone and Android apps in the UK and US. Our multi-channel presence includes a UK retail store, Dubai and Vietnam franchise stores and international wholesale partnerships including ASOS, Zalando & Namshi, with more international growth planned for 2019 across digital, wholesale and franchise stores...... click apply for full job details