We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Guest Relations Manager to join the Collaborative at Canopy by Hilton London City. We call it Collaborative because we work together!
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, you will be the main lead in creating a positive stay for our guests from pre-arrival to post departure. Ideally, you willhave a solid understanding of Hilton Brand Standards, Property Management System and will be eager to discover our local neighbourhood, local attractions and have a passion to share your local knowledge with our guests. You will be in charge of maximising guest satisfaction, measured through SALT and Tripadvisor.
About the Hotel
Canopy is an upscale lifestyle brand of Hilton and is the energizing, hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. We create a positive stay.
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Group. 4C Group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.
Canopy London City with its 340 bedrooms is a positive destination where to start exploring London. Penny Square restaurant, St Clare Cafe and Bar on the ground floor and our rooftop bar Florattica with views of the city is a delight for any traveler. The hotel is the first under Hiltons Canopy Brand in the United Kingdom.
About the Role
- Take ownership of guest experience indicators set by Canopy by Hilton
- Have extensive experience with Property Management Systems, (ONQ experience desirable)
- Action plans should be constantly implemented to guarantee both guest satisfaction and a motivated and encouraged team
- Expresses enthusiasm, energy and positive vibes within the organisation and always acts according to company ethics and values.
- Coordinating the requirements of VIPs on a daily basis (VIP reports, room inspections, amenities, welcome letters, welcome gifts etc.)
- Is in constant contact with guests in order to know their level of satisfaction at all times
- Acts upon guest feedback to continuously improve experiences. Ensure that guest feedback and preferences are updated in CRM profiles for the future reference.
- Promoting and nurturing positive relationships in the local area strengthening our position in the marketplace
- Seeking opportunities to surprise and delight our guests
- Is fully knowledgeable of the daily results and events in the hotel (Occupancy, average room rate, TripAdvisor ranking, reviews, groups in house, Media, Influencers and other VIPs)
- Ensure compliance with all standards and procedures including all relevant Brand Standards across the various departments.
- Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Serve as a role model to always demonstrate appropriate behaviours within the business by leading from the front by demonstrating a positive can-do attitude.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
What We Offer to our Enthusiasts:
- Flexible working and Full-Time hours available
- Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hilton Hotels & 4C Hotels worldwide
- F&B Discounts of up to 50% in our Canopy London City Restaurants & Bars
- Recruit a friend scheme
- Free Uniform Provided and Meals on duty
- Free Access to Perkbox Platform to enjoy amazing deals and discounts from retails, entertainment, and travels
- Cycle to work and Tech scheme tax-free
- Free Optional medical healthcare plans (Health Cash Plans)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free Access to Hospitality Action services (Financial, legal and mental health support)
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities with the best recognized UK and US institutes
- Amazing Recognition Program and social events to keep you connected with Canopy London City and our EPIC Team!
About the candidate
A qualified Guest Relations Manager ideally with experience in Hilton Hotels and at least 2 years experience ina front of house role within an upscale hotel environment. Comprehensive knowledge of PMS is highly desirable.
- You will be a strong relationship builder and be confident in any decision-making process.
- You will demonstrate a positive leadership style and creative thinking. You will be an advocate of empowerment and have the ability to motivate the team and develop a strong succession plan.
- You will have the ability to communicate internally with relevant departments to ensure the team is setup for success, be able to work under pressure and adapt according to business needs.
- You willbe a dynamic team player with a flexible approach and have experience in managing a team to successfullyachieve the hotels goals.
- You must have outstanding planning skills.We want you tobeable to managemultipleprojects at once with a close attention to detail andwillingness to be flexible.
- You will enjoy solving problemsswiftlywith creative and solutions, offering advice andrecommendations.
- You will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service, lead by example and be able to create a positive atmosphere for the team.
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role, documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
If you feel you have all the skills and experience mentioned above, then please apply to join the Canopy Collaborative, we call it collaborative because we work together!
4C Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustain an inclusive culture.