Global Communications Director
Jelli Group is delighted to be working with a well known health and beauty brand that has an impressive 100 year history of innovating and marketing high quality branded consumer products that are sold through all major retailers and its own DTC channels. The UK based global team is responsible for 42 countries, with priority markets including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Australia.
Following a period of significant change you will be joining the business at a pivotal moment in its history. With an ambitious growth plan to double the business in the next five years, they are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset to further strengthen their team.
As part of that plan we are looking for an experienced Global Communications Director, who has a proven track record working with international markets and developing and delivering exciting propositions that build brand awareness and equity. The successful candidate will have worked in a Global FMCG/Health/Beauty organisation and will have delivered global communications for both consumers and industry professionals alike.
The role will be responsible for the strategy, development and execution of the global brand and product communications, working collaboratively to bring stakeholders and markets along on the journey.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- A highly strategic role in supporting the growth of the category through widening the appeal of the brand through communication, driving engagement and consideration across Key Markets outside of the Americas
- Key purpose of driving growth via:
- Brand Equity: Define Optimal brand positioning to Widen appeal through consideration and brand love, Drive awareness and Consideration to drive to Online and Offline channels
- Managing key touchpoints for the consumer: Communications, Media, Engagement and Brand and Pack design
- Responsible for managing and motivating key agency partners
- Go to Market execution that delight the customer & consumer
- Agency ecosystem creation and management
- Develop and iterate brand assets such as Brand World and Brand TOV and Playbook guidelines
- Work with Global Insights and Agency to develop best in class copy and content
- Management of team of three: Senior Media Planning Manager, Digital & Social Manager and Pack & Design Manager
Responsible for all brand and product communications within the Global Business (excl North & South America).
- Build a new Global Communications team, responsible for the implementation of strategic communications strategy - widening the appeal of the brand through engagement and consideration:
- Brand Equity: Define Optimal brand positioning to widen appeal through consideration and brand love
- Best in class return on investment for campaigns
- Management of agency ecosystem
- Communications strategy for Healthcare Professionals
- Drive effectiveness and efficiency of Social & Digital Marketing
- Drive relevant activities with Partnerships & Influencers
- Test & Learn new methods of engagement and conversion
- Effective and efficient production of copy and content creation
- Set the agenda & plan for the communications
- Select & Build the agency Ecosystem
- Leadership & stakeholder management
- Collaborate at regular cross functional leadership/dept meetings monthly
- Internal: Working within the global marketing team & local activation teams
- Internal: Senior Leadership Team
- External: Key Agency Network & Future Partners
- External: Customer & Trade Requirements
Decision Making Authority
Lead the Communications of the business
Define data measures for internal KPI reporting of communication effectiveness
- Brand Love and NPS. Awareness and Consideration
- Development of new ways to broaden reach of the brand to target consumer
- Team working relationship
- 10-12 years work experience required - candidate must have at least 5 years experience in a comms role
- Combination of consulting skills with experience from a leading Healthcare company or FMCG healthcare brands or businesses.
- Experience of communications in multi-country
- Global experience, consumer marketing background or healthcare marketing background and supplier/consulting/agency side experiences are all pluses.
- Line management, this role has three direct report
- Must possess excellent oral, written communication & influencing skills and a proven ability to build collaborative partnerships.
- Effective listening skills, as well as flexibility, a strong work ethic, and being a strategic thinker are valued assets.
- Results focused.
- Can handle a heavy workload with competing priorities.
- Displays sound business judgment and intelligence, attention to detail, learning agility, high energy level, etc.
- Both capable of thinking out of the box, while being strategic and analytical.
- Very strong creative skills preferred. Ability to work with internal stakeholders and external agencies