Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- Maintenance of engineering services on resident contract.
- Assist skilled tradesmen across all trades as required and dictated by the current workload.
- Provide shift cover as per local agreement - days, nights and split days if required.
- Ensure the company health and safety policy is adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with the Mitie maintenance quality management system as it applies to this position.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, repairs and reactive works as required.
- Work at other contract sites in Rotherham and Leicestershire as required.
- Complete work sheets for works undertaken.
- Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration.
- Participate in shift working rota as dictated by the rota in conjunction with contract requirements with additional remuneration.
- Work at heights and in confined spaces with correct level of training.
- Work unsupervised on shifts if required.
- Work primarily with mechanical trades when required.
- Assist with tank cleaning with correct level of training.
- Unblock sanitary equipment when requested, including toilets, sinks and shower drains.
- Ensure workshop and areas are kept tidy and waste removed to skip.
- General knowledge of maintenance activities.
- Flexible approach to working patterns.
- Knowledge of mechanical trade would be advantageous.
- Hold or will be trained for working at heights utilising MEWPS or other access equipment.
- Ability to work unsupervised or in teams as required.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.