As General Manager, you’ll have the freedom to succeed to build a business to be proud of, whilst developing your team and creating a warm welcome for your customers. From the moment you step through the door, you’ll lead by example make sure our customers, and teams, have a great time.
Join us at Greene King pubs, where we have always been the beacon for communities, wherever people want to come together. Our collection of community pubs are the heart and soul of the local area around them, helmed by a local hero and crewed by a team always ready with your favourite tipple. Our pubs embody the true meaning of a local pub, acting as a central hub where locals can enjoy one of our events, a feast of lovingly cooked food or a quick catch up with friends over a drink.
We’re all about rewarding our team’s hard work, that’s why
You’ll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands– as one of the industry’s top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands – so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Free employee assistance program – mental health, well-being, financial, and legal support because you matter!
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. – so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank.
- Refer a friend – who do you know who could be interested in a new role? When they are placed, you could earn up to £1,500 for referring them!
- Wagestream – access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts – Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more
What you’ll do as a General Manager
Work with your business development manager and management team to grow pub sales
Lead by example in everything you do and bring our brand to life through your team in delivering amazing experiences for our customers
You will recruit & develop your team to ensure they have the knowledge needed to delight our customers
Be a champion of brand standards & ensure customer & team safety at all times
What you’ll bring
Very high standards and attention to detail in all aspects of the day-to-day running of a successful pub
You’re great with people, and as a result, have great communication and leadership skills
You’ll be business savvy, with a keen eye for P&L control
You’ll embrace individuality and care for others, your pub and the environment
Previous success at General Manager level is desirable; from a hospitality, retail or other fast paced background, and the right attitude and outlook is essential!
You’re keen to learn and happiest when you succeed at something new