We are working closely with a leading Alternative Legal Service Provider that is keen to speak with Funds Lawyers who would consider a 6 month contract with an asset manager in London. The role is to start shortly, so candidates should ideally be available immediately or at short notice. Whilst the role is for an initial period of 6 months, there is potential for further extension.
Due to the nature of the requirement, candidates are likely to sit between the NQ – 5 PQE level (although candidates outside this bracket will be considered).
Candidates are likely to have experience in advising on the structuring and documentation of funds, knowledge of private funds within hedge funds or private equity and/or public retail funds including mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. It is also important that candidates are able to demonstrate knowledge of UK, Irish and Luxembourg funds.
The successful candidate will provide advise across a range of funds matters, but also assist the business with some general commercial and data protection matters. Prior experience in commercial and/or data protection is not a prerequisite.
Candidates are likely to be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor in England & Wales, or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as Australia or New Zealand, for instance)
- Training from a top tier law firm or notable in house setting (ideally financial services or asset managers)
- Notable post-qualification experience within notable law firms or in house organisations (ideally financial services or asset managers)
- A breadth of funds experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to start a new role immediately or at relatively short notice