Role Profile - Fraud Investigator
Role Title Fraud Investigator
Business Function Operations
Who we are & what we do
Founded in 2016, Chetwood Financial is a digital bank using technology to make people better off. At Chetwood, we think differently. We act differently. Unlike traditional banking models, we're not obsessed with customer ownership and cross-selling other products. We use our banking and technology experience to design and manufacture stand-alone financial products that meet the needs of those using them and by building unique and dynamic products, we make engaging with personal finances easier than ever before.
We're always on the lookout for exceptional talent to join the team who share a belief in making a positive difference - making financial services better for customers by challenging conventions.
The Fraud Investigator is responsible for preventing, detecting and investigating fraud cases to avoid loss and maximise recovery for Chetwood Financial, whilst minimising the impact on genuine customers.
- Contribute directly to the proactive detection of fraud and the reduction of fraud losses whilst minimising impact to our genuine customers
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Business and act as a key contact for specialist area referrals to ensure threats identified are acted upon
- Act as a key point of contact to ensure Credit Risk and Compliance are kept fully up to date with latest fraud trends
- Work with Senior Management to deliver overall fraud strategy
- Utilise expertise to provide wider education to other colleagues within customer operations on Fraud related issues
- Complete monthly reporting on Chetwood fraud performance, providing insight into any fraud trends
- Support Operations colleagues in handling daily contact via customer queries when required
Skills and Experience
- Relevant fraud experience in preventing, detecting and reducing fraud within a personal lending environment, loans and credit cards preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Confident in their ability to challenge
- Hold a relevant Qualification in either Fraud, Anti-Money laundering or financial crime
- Have an inquisitive mindset mind with tenacity to reach the best decision for both our customers and the business
- Excellent knowledge of complaint handling, customer service, vulnerable customer strategy and collections
- Knowledge of both Microsoft and Google suite packages
What we offer
- A relaxed, sociable and flexible working environment.
- Great benefits including: life insurance, pension, private medical insurance (including dental and optical), free breakfast and drinks, monthly social events.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
- Here are just a few examples of what we've achieved so far and what's coming soon.
- Secured strategic investment from Elliott Advisors of £150mil of capital, underpinning the planned growth of the business over the next few years.
- Secured a full banking licence from the PRA in 2018 - the only retail bank to do so that year.
- Launched the LiveLend Reward Loan; the world's first dynamic loan that responds to improvements in customers' credit score.
- Secured several distribution partnerships with our lending product and have already seen 400%+ growth in new business in the since 2019.
- Launched SmartSave; providing customers with a simple, online savings account at a great rate.
- Achieved and maintained an 'Excellent' Trustpilot rating from both lending and savings customers.
Chetwood Financial Ltd does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from Recruitment Agencies.
Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Chetwood Financial and Terms & Conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void...... click apply for full job details