Title: FMCG or Homeware buyer assistant
Salary : up to £35,000 depends on experience
Language: English and Mandarin speaking (Preferred)
Sector : Importer, Wholesale and Retail
Location: WFH initially and then hybrid at the London office Paddington
This is one of the fastest growing trading company in the UK with a thriving import, and also a wholesale, business. The company has multiple stores across the UK and has just opened a large flag ship store in the Leicestershire area.
Your role in a nutshell: You will join the Procurement team. The aim of this role is to increase sales and profit margin through effective product procurement, development, promotion and then distribution.
- Work with internal and external teams in purchasing, warehouse, marketing and finance as well as working with factories/suppliers in China.
- Source new products and new suppliers
- Set KPI's for suppliers to meet in terms of quality, delivery and stock levels
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with new suppliers
- Review supplier performance against agreed service levels
- Liaise internally with the branding and merchandising teams
- Purchasing experience
- Merchandizing experience for Homeware buyer
- FMCG background is essential
- Highly numerate and strategical