Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Objective: The Financial Accountant is a key role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the consolidated financial results of the Technical Services division. The role reports into the Finance Manager and will work closely with the other teams around the Group.
The Technical Services division is the largest division in Mitie Group plc which generated c.£950m in revenues in FY20 (45% of the Group's revenue). Technical Services operates as the lead client biller for the group's services so the majority of the group's revenue flows through the division.
Main duties and accountabilities
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the preparation of the Technical Services consolidated results.
- Preparation of consolidation data for load and ensuring data integrity.
- Reconciliation and elimination of inter-company positions.
- In conjunction with the FP&A team, assist with building a suite of financial reports to provide insight and analysis over performance reporting.
- Preparation of information for corporation tax and VAT purposes.
- Preparation of information for year-end purposes, and liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Assist with drafting accounting papers.
- Identification and implementation of process and system improvements.
- Ad-hoc projects and analysis as required.
Knowledge & experience
- Newly qualified or almost qualified professional accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in the preparation of consolidated accounts.
- Experience of working within a complex division or company.
- High knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and demonstrable experience of preparing statutory accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word essential.
- Strong knowledge of HFM and TM1; knowledge of Oracle and SAP is also desirable.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Proven ability to understand complex financial data and present data & analysis in a clear and concise format.
- Experience of working within a business unit which spans legal entities would be beneficial.
- Highly numerate, with a strong financial accounting skill-set.
- High level of integrity and a pro-active, independent and structured way of working.
- A challenging mind, comfortable working in a dynamic environment and thrives in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- Confident communicator who is able to reach out to relevant personnel across the business to find answers and influence outcomes.
- Committed to getting the job done, with a right first-time approach.
- Collaborative and able to work well as part of a team.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.