Direct Line Insurance Group
Finance Business Partner – FP&A page is loaded Finance Business Partner – FP&A Apply locations London – Riverbank House time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago job requisition id R-15577
At Direct Line Group, insurance is just the start. Combining decades of industry experience with talented people in every field from data, technology, customer care and auto repair, to HR, finance and procurement , we’re a customer-obsessed market powerhouse. And we all work together to be brilliant for customers, every single day.
We’ve got big dreams of becoming Britain’s best retail general insurer. And we’re almost there. Our talented, reactive, and communicative finance team are on call to help us do it in a sustainable, profitable way. With close connections to our shareholders, and a commitment to integrity that spans the entire business, our people are no strangers to creating – and maintaining – value on an unbelievable scale.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to join our Business Partnering team. We are responsible for serving the Group reporting, planning and analytical needs of DLG’s Board, Executive Committee, and Investor Relations Team.
As a Finance Business Partner – FP&A, you’ll report to our Head of Group FP&A. You will guide, influence, and support the business to ensure that performance against strategic goals and DLG’s key performance indicators is reflected in concise and balanced monthly Executive Committee and Board reporting.
Within the Business Partnering team, we are dedicated to mastering financial storytelling and delivering meaningful insights to drive value and strategic decision-making.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will play a pivotal role in delivering the Group’s forecasted consolidated statement, covering all processes to produce the income statement, Balance Sheet, and Cashflow for all Group entities within TM1. Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining financial models (Excel and otherwise) to forecast the short and long-term income statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statement, including interrelationships across Group entities.
- Ownership of the Group planning model and Group cost allocation models and associated analytics.
- Delivering effective internal controls, financial governance, and financial reporting through a good understanding of accounting standards and processes.
- Preparing financial and performance reports for the planning process, highlighting key trends and metrics and the Group’s performance against its strategic objectives.
- Ensuring that the story being told is succinct and relevant to the reader, using insurance knowledge and commercial acumen to edit and challenge submissions.
- Delivering continuous improvement in reporting and planning through a deep understanding of how various components link together and proposing and embedding new processes and approaches.
- Managing multiple deliverables and workstreams simultaneously, including dependencies and chairing meetings as needed to ensure Group outcomes are met on time.
- Building strong working relationships across the Finance community, including Finance Business Partners, Shared Services, Capital Management, Capital Modelling, Tax, Financial Control, and Actuarial.
What We’re Looking For:
You’ll need to be a Qualified Accountant with financial modelling experience, if you have a background in FP&A or financial accounting, even better! We’re also looking for someone who has experience in process improvement and driving change.
You’ll have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and presentation abilities, and you’ll be able to build effective relationships across our finance community.
If you have a passion for financial analysis and can communicate financial insights effectively, we’d love you to apply and become a valued member of our Group Financial Planning & Analysis Team.
Let’s bring on your best.
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a ‘best of both worlds’ approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you’ll be in the office depends on your role, and we’ll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here .
We recognise we wouldn’t be where we are today without our colleagues, that’s why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- Generous 9% employer pension. Regardless of whether you contribute into your pension or not, DLG pay 9% into your pension (but you can take this as cash if you want!)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus of up to 10%
- Generous holidays, starting at 25 days and going up to 28 days per year. Plus, the option of buying or selling upto 5 days each year!
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance
- Free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Electric Vehicle car scheme which allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way
- Buy-as-you-earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We’re delighted to feature as one of the UK’s Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you’re more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Similar Jobs (3) Finance Business Analyst – Reconciliations and Control Framework locations London – Riverbank House time type Full time posted on Posted 25 Days Ago FP&A Analyst locations London – Riverbank House time type Full time posted on Posted 5 Days Ago Head of Finance Results and Production locations London – Riverbank House time type Full time posted on Posted 20 Days Ago
With well-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag, we’re proud to be one of the UK’s leading general insurers. We’ve been helping people carry on with their lives since the 1980s, giving them the peace of mind to focus on the future. After 40 years of innovation we’re still leading the way, providing evolving products and services that are just what people need. Our business is full of talented individuals, each bringing their own strengths, skills and ideas. We work together, to be brilliant for millions of customers every single day.
Join us, in a career that empowers you to be the best you can be – and to be yourself. Your input matters here. So, whatever you do, we’ll encourage you to own it. To spot opportunities, speak out and make things happen. Our vision is for a world where insurance is personal, inclusive and a force for good. And you can help us make that a reality. Because when we work together, we can all achieve great things. Together, we’re one of a kind.