RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source public safety and enterprise security skills and experience.
RSR Justice are currently recruiting on behalf of our charity client based in Coventry for a Finance Assistant.
This is a part time (20 hours per week), fixed term position for up to a year and offers a salary of £12,012.
You will work under the direction of the Finance Officer, performing a variety of duties categorized as financial administrative support. In addition, position holder will collaborate with other staff to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of office and refuges.
- Verify expenses,
- Ensure cash and cheque payments are completed, certified and approved.
- Assist the Finance Officer with posting cash and income to cash log register.
- Assist with the collection of rents,
- Perform treasury transactions in accounting,
- Maintain a filing system for office transactions and all financial instructions/guidelines issued and ensure the documentation is regularly updated.
- Maintain an effective banking system including the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
- Update refuge rent sheets and bed registers on a weekly basis.
- Assist with inputting data onto software for monthly management accounts therefore previous experience in using financial management systems /
- Accounting software such as SAGE is essential.
- Keep up to date with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent qualification such as AAT professional qualification.
- Ability to be able to use financial management system
- Previous experience using accounting software such as Sage, Quick books etc
- Ability to write reports and to keep accurate records.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage a varied / complex workload.
- An adaptable and flexible individual who thrives working under pressure, have excellent communication skills, fluent in English but also fluent with at least one other language.
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise workload and be able to work as part of a team and to use own initiative.
This role is subject to DBS check.
For a confidential initial chat or to apply for this role, please call Rebecca on: (phone number removed) /
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a Refer A Friend bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.