As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles, particularly within our Final Manager Delivery Manager role.
Hermes Final Mile Delivery Managers first and foremost ensure that the Courier Teams deliver our customer's parcels.
About the role:
Hermes Field Mile Delivery Managers are the point of contact for the Couriers when they have issues, cannot attend work or need guidance. They ensure that all work that has been allocated has been picked up and delivered by a Courier. Where this is not the case, they work on finding solutions to ensure that our customers' delivery is achieved. They review tracking data to ensure that the Couriers are on track and where relevant, step in to check if there are issues and offer appropriate solutions. As an agile member of our team, they manage Courier service working out of a number of sub depots within a geographical area. Courier recruitment and "on-boarding" is also a major part of this role. Working alongside Compliance Managers they manage/monitor KPI targets and are responsible for cost management/budgeting.
- The ability to deal with people and conflict
- The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
- An approachable manner and 'can do attitude'
- Our job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn't an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business.
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area
- An understanding that a role of this type is not your average 9-5 and will involve working on a weekend on a rotation basis
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and interviewing/recruiting people is essential. Please do not apply if you do not have all of this crucial experience
We can offer you a competitive salary, company car, bonus (up to £6,000) and 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays. We will contribute 3% into your pension, give you peace of mind through life assurance and provide income protection cover. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we're sure we've got something for you.
"To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes...... click apply for full job details