Feed Mill Operative - Day Shift
We have a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about agriculture and committed to learning and growing within the agricultural industry.
We are seeking a Feed Mill Operative to join our busy team at our animal feed mill in Lifton, Devon.
You are required to work 44 hours per week working shifts, usually on a rotating pattern. Shift times are mornings 06.00 - 14.00 and lates 13.45 - 21.45. You will be required to work every third Saturday on a rotation basis as follows; during the winter months 06.00 - 18.00 and during the summer months 06.00 - 12.00.
On a day-today basis the Feed Mill Operative will be….
* Operating the mill machinery and equipment
* Following weighbridge procedures
* Operation of the bagging and packing systems
* Stock control of raw material
* First Aid, Forklift or telehandler certificate preferred, but full training given
* Due to the nature of the products and role, this position will involve regular lifting
To be a successful Feed Mill Operative you will be….
* Hard working and able to follow instruction
* Able to work calmly under pressure
* Show good initiative and work well as part of a team without constant supervision
* Able to do repetitive tasks
* Have a flexible and adaptable way of work
* Patient and careful
* Knowledgeable of the farming and agricultural industry would be an advantage but not essential
* Knowledge of H&S regulations, safe systems of work and plant machinery would be an advantage but not essential.
Please note our internal title for this position will be Production Operative.
Our benefits and rewards structure are set up to support you during your career, and ensure you get the most out of working for Mole Valley Farmers, whilst making you feel valued and recognized for what you can bring to us.
Please do not apply unless you are based in the UK and are legally able to work in the UK
#production #agriculture #animalfeed #joinourteam #careers #job #hiring #nowhiring #jobsearching #jobopportunity #work #jobseekers #vacancy #employment
Mole Valley Feed Solutions is the largest, farmer-owned, independent feed manufacturer in the UK offering an extensive range of products and services. These include compounds, blends, meals, straights, and minerals; combined with a range of technical support services provided by a dedicated team of qualified feed specialists.
Four efficient and modern animal feed manufacturing mills and two blending sites produce a range of market-leading compound and precision blended feeds.
For everyone who works in one of Mole Valley Farmers' businesses - just like our customers who live and work in it - the countryside is a way of life and we are committed to UK agriculture.
* Competitive salary
* Generous holiday allowance
* Staff discount in our retail stores
* Pension scheme
* Learning & development opportunities
* Life assurance scheme
* Employment assistance programme
* Salary finance scheme