Do have experience in QA? Have you worked in a feed mill or similar environment before?
Due to continued growth we are recruiting for a Feed Formulation and Quality Manager to join our agricultural team at our feed mill in Tram, Hereford.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn't been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Feed Formulation and Quality Manager and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
To effectively manage the quality of the inbound Raw Materials. Monitor and control process quality in line with Formulations to produce the desired bird pellet with correct level of nutrition, energy etc for good bird performance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Set out QC standards for physical and nutritional feed parameters, including how to measure these parameters by setting out QC programme to cover frequency of testing, method of testing and tolerances around these measurements.
• Ensure QC standards set out are met and meet the requirements of the business, including performance targets for all broiler, breeder and turkey operations.
• Set out QC programmes for external mills toll manufacturing our feed.
• Complete HACCP analysis of each mill operation in conjunction with the mill management team, ensure all parts of the process have adequate control and measures are in place for monitoring, validation and verification.
• Collate QC trend, analyse trends of all aspects of the physical and nutritional parameters set out in the QC Programme, report out of tolerances to the management team and ensure actions are taken to correct the situation.
What we are looking for:
• Good level of numeracy.
• QA knowledge and proven experience in a similar role.
• Must be able to communicate with others and work as part of a team.
• PC literate in Excel and General I.T. systems.
• Previous experience working in a Feedmill or similar environment desirable.
• Own transport.
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken and turkey products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people. The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As a Feed Formulation and Quality Manager, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• 31 days annual leave
• Private medical cover
• Various lifestyle benefits
• Life assurance cover
• 6% pension contribution
We are committed to be an equal opportunities employer...... click apply for full job details