A global supplier of garment accessories established over 10 years ago, manufacturing from their base in Sri Lanka with over 400 members of staff. This company supply large retail chains and fashion brands such as SuperDry, Next, George, Primark, Matalan, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Aldi and many more.
This company manufacture products on demand and design their own product range too. With an annual turnover of $100m along with offices in London and Watford this is an exciting opportunity to join such a successful organisation.
You will join the company as a Product Development Researcher and be tasked with finding new technology that can optimise the process of taking a new fashion garment from concept to presenting to clients.
In this role you will be a part of the Creative Design Team working closely with three Garment Technology Managers, the 3D Design Manager, a Business Analyst, the CAD Team and at times the CEO.
The focus of your role will be to
• Investigate how modern technical solutions can help the company present new garment accessories to their clients in a more efficient way.
• Investigate how modern tech advancements around 3D rendering for the garment industry e.g. M-body, Clo3D, Optitex and Browzware, can improve this process and accelerate the company's ability to pitch new products to their client base.
• Research how to take products from 2D to 3D models along with investigating the use of body scanners to test garment fit and how they hang on different body types.
• Research the accuracy of using 3D rendering to fully design the fit of a garment before it is produced without the use of product samples i.e. question how "body fits" can be more digitalised.
This company is based in Sri Lanka but have a UK office in Watford. The product development teams you will be working with are based in Sri Lanka so you can either work remotely or from their Watford office. You will have very regular video calls and correspondence with the team wherever you are based.
This job is a 6 month contract with potential to convert to a permanent position.
• Educated to degree level, subjects associated with fashion technology or product design would be beneficial
• A recent graduate with an inquisitive and curios mind, asking questions and challenging the status-quo
• An interest in how modern technology can disturb and improve existing processes
• Someone who enjoys the process of discovering new technology
• Someone happy to work with teams based in Sri Lanka and around the world, and the occasional challenges these time zone difference can make e.g. majority of your team calls will be at the start of the day in the UK
• Someone excited by the challenge and being able to make a real difference to how a company of this size operate and design their products
Bonus Points For
• Working knowledge of 3D design tools e.g. M-body, Clo3D, Optitex and Browzware
• Working knowledge of CAD
• Prior fashion garment technology experience