Zachary Daniels Recruitment are delighted to be partnered with one of the UK's leading home and fashion retailers, on the recruitment of a Fashion Buyer position, on a 12 Month FTC.
Our client has a global footprint with sales all over the globe and even in the current climate they continue to grow! They are lucky enough that they possess one of the best cultures and working environments in the North with a very strong buying and merchandising function already in place.
The position of Fashion Buyer is designed to develop and deliver a competitive fashion range, one that fulfils customer's expectations whilst delivering the core attributes and values of the brands.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the execution of a sourcing strategy whilst maximising margin and the need for flexibility in response to changing customer and market needs
- Ensure that profit and service are potentialised and overstocks minimised
- Develop own buy ranges determined by customer demands.
- Identify and develop seasonal product strategies which focus on performance, customer requirements, marketing plans and current and future market trends
- Work collaboratively with the Merchandiser and QA to develop, review and gain agreement for the department strategy and targets to achieve sales and profit plans.
- Work collaboratively with the Merchandiser, Design, Marketing and E-Commerce teams to develop a critical path and ensure all key milestones are met
- Agree with Merchandise Manager the sales targets from 'Open to Buy' and range reviews.
- Share up to date market knowledge competitor ranges and strategies, ensuring that a commercial range is delivered
- You may be a retail Fashion Buyer looking for a new role, or an Assistant Buyer ready to take on your first Buyer role
- Ladies fashion buying is a must
- eCommerce experience is advantageous
- Highly commercial with strong financial acumen
- A real people's person, able to quickly build and further maintain fantastic relationships both internally and externally
- A positive and proactive approach, someone who embraces change and seeks solutions
- Proven negotiation skills
Our client offers a very competitive benefits package, flexibility and a great culture. So if you are a Buyer with fashion buying experience and looking for a new role - apply today!