We are recruiting for a general farm worker to join a mixed farm in Surrey (RH5).
The enterprise is a thriving family farm-to-table farm supplying consumers, retailers and five farmers markets.
They have weaners to finishers, breeding sows, sheep, cattle and turkeys.
Ideally, the chosen candidate will have experience with livestock, have enthusiasm for agriculture and have high welfare standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a variety of animals and see the process from farm to table.
- Working with the team to bring livestock to correct weights ready for market
- Mucking out
- Strawing up
- Pressure washing
- Checking animal health and implementing strategies and treatment plans as required
- Supporting the farm manager with general record keeping and the records required for the RPA higher level stewardship
- Assist farm manager with the care and welfare of the animals
Salary Guide: From £9.00 per hour + DOE
- Mobile-home accommodation
- Discount in the onsite farm shop
- 20 days holiday, plus 8 statutory bank holidays