EMAP Publishing Limited
- Business: emap
- Brands : Property Week / AV Magazine / Electronics Weekly / PTQ & Decarbonisation Technology
- Base Location: Croydon/Hybrid ( 3 days from home, 2 days in the office)
- Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: £24,000 -£27,000 DOE + Bonus
Trading as emap for its B2B division, Metropolis International is a fast-growing business, privately owned Media Group with over £50m of annual revenue, structured in two divisions – consumer media, and business-to-business media. In both parts of the business, we run print magazines, digital content and both face-to-face and virtual awards, conferences, and other events. Metropolis is actively looking at acquiring more media businesses. We employ over 480 people in offices in West London, Croydon, Fleet street, Devon and Dublin.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Events Marketing at Emap offers an incredibly fast paced and dynamic environment. Working on market leading awards and conferences, you will be responsible for creating leads, driving awareness, delegate conference bookings, awards submissions, table sales, and supporting the commercial teams with sponsorship enablement marketing activities. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of a variety of reputable brands such as Property Week, AV Magazine, Electronics Weekly, Digital Refining and Decarbonisation Technology.
You will have to manage a large workload but enjoy a good variety of tasks, working in a team of 5 event marketers with a supportive and nurturing environment. You will be allocated a number of annual events across the blue division to focus on, supporting the senior marketer you’re paired with.
- Support the Head of Events Marketing & Senior Events Marketing Manager to deliver a world-class, engaging marketing campaign across multiple annual events.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of email campaigns
- Partnership marketing fulfilment, including creation of personalised assets, website updates and more.
- Produce digital event assets and brochures, liaising with logistics and editorial teams, working with design, delivered to schedule and within agreed budgets.
- Write, build, test, arrange segmented data groups and report on engaging marketing emails.
- Co-ordinate activity across key channels: email, web, social media, print, ensuring consistent messaging
- Build and maintain event websites, optimise enquiries, bookings and traffic using evessio.
- Manage social media communications, including the scheduling of tweets and LinkedIn postings.
- Increase the following and engagement of our social account using new and exciting content, technologies and ensuring we’re connected with all our existing stakeholders across the events.
- Develop and expand each event’s community using key social influencers
- Reporting of social media and online traffic, entries, and followers each month
- Proactively manage and grow the current database, build campaign data, and understand data selection, maintain existing data, and identify new sources of data for future growth
- To design and analyse questionnaires and other similar material for research purposes and report back to the team, making suggestions for the future
- To ensure that all work undertaken is completed to a deadline and to the high standards expected and within budget
- To identify and keep up to date with the latest marketing ideas and trends and industry best practice, making recommendations for the wider team to adopt
- Use market intelligence, customer insight and analysis to increase understanding of our audience and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Provide regular analysis of key metrics and use this to assist with developing future strategy
- Assist the Head of Event Marketing and Senior Events Marketing Manager where needed, and carry out any other ad hoc duties as requested
Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles, tactics, and best practices, with expertise in digital marketing and lead generation.
- Previous B2B events marketing experience gained ideally within media organisations – preferred by not essential
- Good working knowledge of social media scheduling tools – Hootsuite
- Experience working with a PPC management tool – preferred but not essential
- Understanding of Google Analytics and how to track KPIs, reporting on the success of a campaign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create compelling content and effectively communicate key messages to different audiences – essential
- Exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent advantageous
Learning & Development:
At emap, we believe that employee learning and development are the key drivers of our success. To ensure continuous growth and meet the ever-changing demands of the workplace, we provide an environment that fosters continuous development for our employees.
Our employees are encouraged to identify their areas of personal and professional development aligned with our strategic areas, including management development, health, safety & wellbeing, sales, events management, marketing strategy, editorial, and information technology. We have a structured framework designed to help equip our employees with the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to excel in their job roles, contributing to achieving our organizational objectives.
To support our employees’ career development, we have designed specialized programs, as well as other stand-alone role-specific and generic courses, under the emap academy.
This excitingpositionis a full-time hybrid role. 2 days in the office, 3 daysfrom home. This could change over time depending on business needs.
Remote working or visa sponsorship are not available. emap does not offer visa sponsorship. Based on the UK employment law you need to have valid right to work in UK. Share code will be required during the interview process.
Benefits: emap is part of Metropolis Group. Together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Rail season ticket loans
- Private virtual GP access
- Pension scheme
- Income protection and more
- Continuous learning & development opportunities
- Seasonal flu jabs on site
- One paid volunteer day per year
- Summer and Winter parties
- Work from home during August
- In-house Excellence Awards and other innovation projects
Diversity and Inclusion: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to . Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to give individual feedback at the application stage, however if you are successfully shortlisted you will be contacted within 10 working days of the closing date.