Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
What will you do day to day?
Mitie is passionate about bringing about positive change for our customers and aspires to be their decarbonisation partner as they embark on the journey to Net Zero. This role will be part of the e-Mobility and EV Solutions team, and will directly and materially contribute to Mitie's objectives for reducing our customers' energy consumption and carbon through our Plan Zero offering, with a focus on electrification of fleets and deployment of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure solutions.
Your main responsibility will be developing EV infrastructure and e-Mobility projects for Mitie's clients and their associated sites. This will include EV feasibility studies to determine the need and type of charging infrastructure solutions required, end-to-end EV charge point solutions that design, build, operate and maintain assets for customers, including hardware and software options, and also transport decarbonisation consulting services. As part of your role, you will be expected to:
- Deliver growth for Mitie's e-Mobility business through the development of EV charging and e-Mobility solutions
- Conduct site surveys covering electrical infrastructure and civil works, understanding the impact of this on the rollout and development of EV solutions
- Prepare proposals and bids for EV solutions, from strategic EV fleet requirements to electric infrastructure, civil works, back-office software and integration considerations and onwards hand over to delivery teams
- Produce commercial and financial models detailing the costs, benefits and considerations associated with different EV infrastructure approaches and solutions
- Establish and maintain partnerships with key EV supply chain players to complement areas where Mitie do not currently self-deliver
- Build strong relationships with Mitie's clients ensuring that Mitie is seen as the right partner to provide e-Mobility solutions across their portfolios of sites
- Produce desk top analysis of energy data to identify potential capacity challenges and considerations when developing EV infrastructure proposals
- Report on findings from surveys and analysis to key internal and external stakeholders
- Process any health and safety issues through our hazard/near miss reporting platform to maintain safe working environments
- Attend client meetings to provide updates on solution development
- Liaise and communicate with internal stakeholders on development of EV infrastructure projects
- Share best practise methods
Who will you work with?
The e-Mobility and EV solutions team is part of Mitie Energy, the team within Mitie that is driving the sustainability and decarbonisation agendas of our customers through the 'Plan Zero' suite of services. The role will play a key part in assisting the sales and delivery of projects that support our clients with the design, delivery, operations and maintenance of future EV infrastructure.
As part of this role, you can expect regular engagement with:
- e-Mobility client and business development teams to have early sight of opportunities
- Mitie Projects teams for the delivery, installation and commissioning of EV solutions and charging infrastructure projects
- Colleagues in broader Plan Zero and Energy teams to share knowledge and learnings, leverage experience and enable cross selling of sustainability opportunities
- Mitie Facilities Management contacts on client sites to enable site access, site knowledge and additional information as required for specific opportunities
- Mitie existing customers to understand their challenges around electrifying their fleets and deploying EV charging infrastructure, and understand how we can ensure continued support
- University degree in a relevant field (preferably Masters) e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering, sustainability, energy, environmental services
Experience & Skills
- Understanding of implications of electrification of transport, including different options available, timing considerations as well as key challenges
- Clear understanding of the EV charging markets, its ecosystem and driving forces
- Knowledge of ICP, IDNO and DNO workings and the implementation and delivery of supply upgrades and new points of connection
- Technical understanding of EV charging solutions including the different manufacturers, software solutions, payment methods and intermediate platforms
- Experience of developing EV charging infrastructure solutions from £10k -£2m
- Good attention to detail and the ability to develop multi-site portfolio level solutions for clients with a national footprint
- Understanding of and experience working with energy/carbon data sets
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Confident managing a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding of CDM and the impact on project development
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.