Rapid Resource have an immediate requirement for a number experienced Retail & Hospitality Engineers to be part of our expanding Team .
You will be required to carry out full installation and software installation, on Retail and Hospitality systems as well as working on Self Service Checkouts.
Rapid's aim is to look after and support our Engineers
"A happy Engineer relates that happiness to the Customer"
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR's assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organisations in more than 100 countries.
The work is on a contract basis. Shifts are allocated on a weekly basis. We cannot guarantee you will be working 5 days a week. However, we anticipate the number of shifts allocated each week to be a minimum of 4 - and due to the volume of work could be considerably higher.
Shift types are varied so you must be willing to work either a Day Shift or a Night Shift.
Full Training will be given.
You must have your own vehicle with your own tools and a valid ECS Card (If you do not have an ECS card we support you in obtaining one)
IT hardware/software experience is required to be considered for this role.
Previous EPOS experience is essential. Working with well-known food chains - Supermarkets would be an advantage.
· ·Carrying out Installations of hardware and software
· ·Provide a high level of customer care
· ·Complete all paperwork accurately and on time
· ·Ensure all work is completed to a high standard
· ·Working on a flexible shift pattern including nights and weekends
· ·Liaising with senior engineers and management
· ·Must be willing to travel - sites will be around the UK
· ·Trouble shooting issue on site as and when required
· ·Aid other trades to complete installations in a timely manner.
· ·Manage travel and work time to be on site when required.
Skills & Experience
· ·Full driving licence + you must have your own vehicle to be considered for this role.
· ·Own tools - (including a windows laptop)
· ·ECS or equivalent Certified
· ·Good IT Skills
· ·Previous experience of repairing/working with IT hardware is essential
· ·Excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow detailed written instructions.
· ·Good communication skills (able to accurately report issues)
· ·Must be able to logically fault find and work through issues
· ·Experience of computer or EPOS hardware, in an installation or maintenance role is essential.
· ·May require frequent prolonged travel, carrying and lifting a tool kit/parts of varying weights (1 - 20KG)
· ·May require bending/squatting, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods.
· ·Assuming cramped/unusual positions, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, bending, stooping and squatting.
· ·Function under stress and engage in interpersonal relations (i.e. heavy workload, potentially in front of customer management)
The Training Programme will run at Holford Way, Birmingham B6 7AX.
An allowance is paid for you to attend the training. Accommodation is provided dependant on location.
. Rates are paid according to the work being carried out and the duration of the shift.
Full rates will be given to shortlisted candidates. Below is an indication of the range of rates paid.
4 hours £75.00 - £120.00
8 hours £105 - £185.00
10 hours £130.00 - £225...... click apply for full job details