We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing engineering team and help us build out scalable, reliable and performant solutions in our SaaS platform.
Who are we?
Ometria is a customer data and marketing platform that helps retailers increase CRM revenue by sending personalized marketing messages throughout the customer journey.
Our solution combines the data unification and customer insight of a CDP with a cross-channel marketing orchestration platform, letting retail marketers easily and efficiently create experiences their customers love across email, mobile, on-site, social, direct mail and more.
We are trusted by the fastest-growing retail brands in the world such as MADE.com, Hotel Chocolat, Pepe Jeans and Feelunique.
We have a team over over 100 Ometrians based in London, New York and Southampton and have raised £25m from leading venture capital funds across the world such as Octopus Ventures.
What sets us apart?
Ometria's proven approach to accelerating revenue - our Retail Success Model™ - is a first-of-its-kind data science model for driving CRM growth in retail. It combines four proprietary AI algorithms that analyse a retailer's CRM performance and deliver a bespoke marketing plan for reaching their revenue goals.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will partner with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and other Engineering Managers to ensure we are solving the right problems in the right way for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading a Team - Drive the operational excellence in your team of 5-7 Engineers. You will align everyone to the team's goal. Facilitate the team's discussions with Product translating client problems into viable solutions. You'll own the hiring and onboarding of new Engineers in your team. You will also support the hiring of Engineers across other teams. You will be the direct manager of the Engineers in your team, holding regular 1:1s and guiding individual development.
- Working with Stakeholders - You will work with other Engineering Managers, Product Managers and peers in other departments. Solving problems in a way that drives the company goal.
- Technical Leadership - Recent experience of technical contribution is key. Facilitating the team in technical discussions and ensuring optimal solutions are chosen. Work with an eye on the Product & Technical Strategy promoting short iterations on stable foundations.
- Technical Experience - A deep understanding of software engineering, solving problems in large distributed systems with the need for high throughput and low latency. Coaching and mentoring your team to improve technically.
- Operational Excellence - Our customers business operates 24x7, so does the Ometria platform. Operational Excellence is at the core of your day to day work by ensuring quality of our services, seamless 24x7 operations with a deep understanding of key platform KPIs.
Our clients interact with the Ometria platform through a single page web app, which uses both React and Ampersand.
The app communicates with the backend platform through various APIs written in Python 3. Although Golang powers some of our massively concurrent workloads, most of the platform is written in Python.
We run on AWS/Docker/Kubernetes configured with Terraform. Postgres, Redshift and S3 build our multi TB data backbone, while individual services are connected via asynchronous messaging protocols mainly using Kafka & SQS. With the growing need of our customers we are looking at other big data technologies like EMR and Spark.
How We Work:
We believe in modern software engineering principles, including DevOps and SRE practices, little 'a' Agile (including Kanban and friends), delighting our users and investing in the growth of our team.
We continue to grow with a Product & Engineering team of 40. We have varied backgrounds in terms of experience, roles and responsibilities. We in Engineering work closely with our product team on new features, growth, and client-specific work.
- You have hands-on experience in our relevant technologies, and proven experience of leading teams.
- You are very technically literate with demonstrable problem solving skills.
- You have high emotional intelligence and are able to build trust quickly with your team, peers and stakeholders.
- You seek to understand as well as advocate ideas based on your experience and knowledge.
- You can work with stakeholders outside of the Engineering team.
Why join Ometria?
One of our values is "It's awesome to be here", here are some of the reasons we love working here:
- Team of amazing people
We are committed to hiring the right people and maintaining our culture as we grow
- Making sure you'll have an impact
We're solving interesting challenges and you'll have a say in how we solve them
- Supporting learning and development
We're in this together and want you to become your best and feel supported as you do so. We want all Ometrians to be able to continually learn and grow in their roles
- Going above and beyond to help each other
We're all part of the bigger picture. We love helping each other and celebrate success together
The amazing people of Ometria are the core of our business. We believe in making it awesome to be here for all Ometrians and place a continued focus on making Ometria an inclusive, respectful and diverse environment.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
- 30 days holiday + 1 day on your birthday (plus bank holidays)
- Mental Health Support (Spill, Calm)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Financial Benefits (Salary Sacrifice Pension, DIS, Income Protection)
- Professional Development Fund